Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawkeyes: About to get nuked back to the Stone Age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkeyes: About to get nuked back to the Stone Age?

After kicking their top receiver off the team Thursday, Iowa kicked their leading receiver off the team for running a drug house and then kicked out an injured RB this weekend. Now apparently the sports books have taken down the Insight Bowl and Iowa has some big statement on the way.

IOWA'S GONNA BURN :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Re: Hawkeyes: About to get nuked back to the Stone Age?

Please tell me that Missouri is going to have to forfeit their bowl because everything's already set up

Comment

Another player applied to transfer last week.

The rumor floating around is that the cops raided the drug house and found a customer list which reportedly had the names of Iowa football players on it. A lot of them. The whole team was apparently required to give drug tests over the weekend.

There's a press conference scheduled for tomorrow morning with Kirk Ferentz and the Iowa AD. Apparently there's going to be some kind of press release tonight though. Still waiting...

Comment

I don't know if they'll get UNC nuked, but it is safe to say Kirk's 2020 contract is safe.

Comment

OWA CITY, IA – Sophomore running back Jewel Hampton has decided to leave the University of Iowa. And, sophomore running back Adam Robinson will not be part of the Hawkeye team that makes the trip to Arizona for the Insight Bowl. The announcement was made today by Head Football Coach Kirk Ferentz.

"Jewel Hampton has decided to leave the team and plans to transfer to another school to complete his degree and finish his career. We wish him the best of success in the future," said Ferentz.

"While Adam has been cleared medically, he will not be participating in the upcoming Insight Bowl game as a result of failing to comply with team expectations and policies. Adam will have the option to rejoin the team when classes resume in January."

Hampton, a 5-9, 210-pounder from Indianapolis, IN, has been plagued by injury problems during his three years at Iowa. He has rushed for 577 yards and scored eight touchdowns as a Hawkeye. He was injured in the Arizona game earlier this season and was lost for the season following surgery.

Robinson, a 5-9, 205-pound back from Des Moines, IA, led the team in rushing with 941 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground.
          Underwhelming.

The rumors are much more exciting. I've seen everything from 20-25 players suspended and Iowa backing out of the Insight Bowl to Stanzi and Clayborn suspended and Ferentz resigning. Iowa fans sure know how to get ready for the end of the world.

Comment

Iowa fans are touchy. Too much coke perhaps?

Comment

haha hilarious

Comment

Hawkeyes: About to get nuked back to the Stone Age?

I am disappointed in you Iowa.

Comment

I hate Iowa virtually as much as KSU.

I threw Fred Russell out of a chem exam in 2002(?) prior to the Orange. Shockingly, he still played.

This season began with talk of a national title. It's been a joyous ride. I'm saddened more suspensions haven't followed, but this was Iowa's year. Stanzi had a golden season. 25 TD and 5 INT or similar. Klug, Ballard and Clayborn were alledgedly an NFL quality DL. They all graduate.

Iowa will take a step back next year. FUCK the Hawkeyes.

Comment

Working...
                  X