One and Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One and Done

I saw some interesting discussion on ToOS and thought we could discuss here as well

what are your thoughts?

Obviously, this rule is about the NBA covering their collective a$$es...and rightfully so

That said, in your mind, what should the rule be? You can either go straight draft or do three years in college, a la baseball....salary cap kids coming straight out of HS?

I'm a big advocate of the baseball type rule...but agents, I think, would hate it

Re: One and Done

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2635.msg29928#msg29928 date=1292005321]
    I saw some interesting discussion on ToOS and thought we could discuss here as well

what are your thoughts?

Obviously, this rule is about the NBA covering their collective a$$es...and rightfully so

That said, in your mind, what should the rule be? You can either go straight draft or do three years in college, a la baseball....salary cap kids coming straight out of HS?

I'm a big advocate of the baseball type rule...but agents, I think, would hate it
    [/quote]

And the reason why they should have no say. Agents are scum.

Comment

Oh I know...and I agree

didn't mean to imply that i gave an eff about them

Comment

I think the baseball rule is best as well. It can be a win-win for both the NBA and NCAA. However, I would also have a fear that more kids might want to go straight league because they don't want to go to school for 3 years. Ideally, I think the NFL rule would be the best (3 years out of high school). I'm not sure why the media piles on the NBA so much for their rule and never says anything about the NFL rule, which is much more stringent.

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=2635.msg29947#msg29947 date=1292007728]
          I think the baseball rule is best as well. It can be a win-win for both the NBA and NCAA. However, I would also have a fear that more kids might want to go straight league because they don't want to go to school for 3 years. Ideally, I think the NFL rule would be the best (3 years out of high school). I'm not sure why the media piles on the NBA so much for their rule and never says anything about the NFL rule, which is much more stringent.
          [/quote]

Because you need to be a grown ass man to play in the NFL.

Comment

[quote author=bedouinsoundclash link=topic=2635.msg29959#msg29959 date=1292011062]
            [quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=2635.msg29947#msg29947 date=1292007728]
            [/quote]

Because you need to be a grown ass man to play in the NFL.
            [/quote]

This

Comment

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with that, just the principle. There could be some freak kid, who after his freshman year, is physically ready to play in the NFL though. It is the same thing (the rule), but nobody talks about it.

Comment

I'm all about the straight to NBA or 3 years rule. I think it's fair to the Dwight Howards and Lebron James' of the world, and it is more fair to the NCAA.

Comment

Working...
                X