Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times are candidates for vacant coaching jobs just pure speculation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times are candidates for vacant coaching jobs just pure speculation?

Nebraska AD denies Pelini is candidate for Miami job

I remember when Mangino was a "candidate" for ND.
    Then there were the "Its Patterson" and "Its Harbaugh."

I see no reason why Pelini would leave Nebraska for Miami. Big 10 > ACC in football. I guess the weather is nicer.

It would be interesting to see if Nebraska would give TG an interview, again, if Pelini left.

How many times are candidates for vacant coaching jobs just pure speculation?

Will be interesting to see what "candidates" come out with this off seasons coach carousel.

Comment

Re: How many times are candidates for vacant coaching jobs just pure speculation?

I'm sure coaching scoop would love some 'insider' tips. I remember when someone sent them stuff from two different emails and they ran with it. It was hilarious.

Comment

Re: How many times are candidates for vacant coaching jobs just pure speculation?

Coaches and agents get names out the to freak out their current schools into big-ass contracts. Sometimes it is just to see if they would actually bit on them.

Comment

Bobby Patrino has a new 6 year extension with a huge raise sitting on his desk. His name is floating around for FL. I'm having a hayday with this at work with all the Hog fans. My buddy is reading random blogs saying, "oh man, patrino's gone".

It's fun

FYI, I don't think he's leaving the Hogs. He has it made. He wants new facilities, "no problem Bobby, we're building them for you". All the negative media about him leaving Atlanta? Not in Arkansas, the papers were full of news about their new coach.

Still, it's HILARIOUS how easy it is to get under everyone's skin about this at work. Then I make it all better by reminding them how good it is to have a coach the top programs in the country would like to get. And, I mention Turner Gill and get them to laugh. At my expense. Then I mention Bill Self. And they bow in reverence.

Comment

Working...
          X