Josh McDaniels Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh McDaniels Out

Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen has relieved Josh McDaniels of his head coaching duties.
    Interesting. I figured he would get to at least the end of the season, especially with the possibility of a lockout coming.

Re: Josh McDaniels Out

I really am surprised by that....and after a close loss

I mean, I figured he'd be gone, but didn't figure it would be that abrupt

Comment

The weird part is that he did his press conference this morning. This must have been a snap decision. Costly decision if you don't have a new coach ready.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2559.msg29101#msg29101 date=1291678432]
        The weird part is that he did his press conference this morning. This must have been a snap decision. Costly decision if you don't have a new coach ready.
        [/quote]

Guessing Douche McDaniel basically dared Bowlen to fire him. A lot of people (me included) didn't think Bowlen would pull the trigger considering he is still paying rat face and the pending lockout that will all but render the 2011 season a loser financially for the owners.

Comment

Haley has the "hug of death". I feel sorry for the next person he hugs

Comment

His kid?

Oh sheet.

Comment

Rumors out of Big D is that there is a piece of news coming out on McDummy. Bowlen fired him for cause. Perhaps additional cheating?

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=2559.msg29135#msg29135 date=1291690590]
                Rumors out of Big D is that there is a piece of news coming out on McDummy. Bowlen fired him for cause. Perhaps additional cheating?
                [/quote]

Rumors I heard are they are trying to say they fired him with cause for the videotaping stuff to avoid the payout. They had to do it asap because letting him play out the season would kind of go against that and he wouldn't be fired for cause then.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=2559.msg29135#msg29135 date=1291690590]
                  [/quote]

Bowlen is saying that Joe Ellis's words about the taping weren't his (Bowlen's) and that Bowlen is asking NFL Lawyers if that can be used as cause for firing. At least according to Chris Mortensen.

If there's something else out there I haven't heard it yet.

Comment

Great article from Yahoo Sports that tears McDaniels a new one and speculates Tebow is pretty much cooked now that McDaniels is gone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...cdaniels120610

Comment

There is actually a strong contingent of Denver fans that think we will land Jim Harbaugh and then trade up in the draft to get Andrew Luck.
                      :facepalm

Comment

[quote author=kcjhawks4 link=topic=2559.msg29379#msg29379 date=1291821633]
                        Great article from Yahoo Sports that tears McDaniels a new one and speculates Tebow is pretty much cooked now that McDaniels is gone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...cdaniels120610
                        [/quote]

I like that article because it uses the term "hubris"

Comment

Working...
                        X