Chiefs progression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs progression.

So everyone thought this team was fantastic running and stopping the run. After Denver. They have shown the ability to pass (albeit not the best competition).

Cassel is having a great year after a first half season of naysayers. The guy has great numbers. He isn't flashy but he also doesn't make many mistakes. I'm fairly sure he is near the top of the league in QB rating.

Bowe is having a beast year. Leads the NFL in TD receptions and has one for 7 straight games.

The offensive line and defense both look improved as well.

Is this just new/better coaches, or players getting more time to mesh and get to know Haley's system?

For wave, chiefs didn't look very competitive last year at times, and look at them this year. Do you think the Jayhawks can do the same. BTW, you were were on the Cassel naysayers, explain your thoughts on him now.

Re: Chiefs progression.

I don't remember posting anything about Cassel and generally couldn't give two shits about NFL. I see very little correlation between NFL and college football. Just like you can't compare NBA to college hoops.

Comment

You did, and if you force me, I'll go dig up the thread.

Do you really think that there is no correlation in a team that was shit last year under a first year coach and getting better after they have more time in the system, whether or not they are pro or college? You really think players don't take time to develop in new systems?

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=2406.msg27227#msg27227 date=1290984188]
        You did, and if you force me, I'll go dig up the thread.

Do you really think that there is no correlation in a team that was shit last year under a first year coach and getting better after they have more time in the system, whether or not they are pro or college? You really think players don't take time to develop in new systems?
        [/quote]

I don't think there is much correlation between pros and college. College coaches make a far bigger impact.

Comment

That's debatable. Bowe wasn't much before Haley showed up. Our defense was horrible until the new coaching staff.

Anyways, I'll keep it about the chiefs.

Charles is a man. Absolutely killing the Seahawks. He may have 20 carries for 200 yards.

Comment

It's a combination of the following:

New/better coaches. Weis and Crennel know what the hell they are doing.

Bowe has decided to play football instead of be a clown. It's no accident that Cassell's season improved drastically when Bowe settled down.

The new talent has meshed in well. Arenas has made some pretty good plays, and McCluster when healthy will be a big-time scary player for the Chiefs.

Comment

but what about this offensive line and defense? Our defense was dead last in the NFL, now it looks pretty solid. DJ and Flowers are doing much better this year. Hali has always been Hali.

Comment

The lines are playing so much better. We added a few guys on both sides of the ball that have greatly improved both lines. Lilja and our center (blanking on his name), and then on defense Smith, Edwards, Dorsey, Gilberry and playing in the 3-4 have made a huge difference. Every one of those guys on the D-line has improved and I don't know where they found Smith, but he has been a huge asset.

I really like how they rotate those big guys on D consistently and keep them fresh. Kind of like how they use Jones and Charles. I get annoyed as everyone else does that Charles doesn't get more carries, but in the long run, the way they are handling that is absolutely perfect. They are looking out for Charles for years to come. You could even see it in yesterday's game on the last drive, Charles was still fresh and was just gashing Seattle's D.

Overall, an excellent job by this coaching staff. It is also nice to have a coach who appears to be extremely aware during the game in terms of rules, time situation, etc. Especially when you compare it to what we have at KU.

Comment

Working...
                X