Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one?

That wants to give Gill a fair shot? That I don't want to fire a coach after 1 year? That I don't think that the world is crumbling around us? Can I be the anti-WTW?

Re: Am I the only one?

No you are not the only one.

Kev has anti-WtW already locked up.

Comment

No not at all.

Gill gets at least 3 years. No doubt about it.

WavetheWheat wouldn't like Gill if he had won 10 games this year for the simple reason that he was hired by Lew.

Comment

I want to see what he does with a couple of his own classes...he's got a few good guys coming in next year

you're completely blind and ignorant if you don't agree that the lines were terrible this year...let's see if Gill can coach some young guys up and get a decent line going....on either side of the ball

oh yeah, we also need a quarterback

Comment

That is not true Dom. I would love Gill to be a success. I just have seen nothing to reward him with another year. Everything the guy has done is wrong. This includes recruiting, coaching, personnel matters, KU tradition stomping, stupid slogans, dumb as no names on uniform, and the fact we didn't just lose our games this year. WE GOT FREAKING DESTROYED...We were not competitive in any way.

Turner Gill is the most unproven and worst coach in BCS football. It makes me sick.

Comment

We were outscored 335-116in Big 12 play. That is with one miracle 52 point performance.

Comment

correction-->worst

Comment

Gill is going to need a bunch of talent to truly compete in the Big XII. I just don't think he has the detail-oriented mind to pull a Bill Snyder and coach up a bunch of mediocre players. He's more of a big-picture, emotion kind of guy.

If we can get a really good QB, it would solve a lot of problems.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=2399.msg27081#msg27081 date=1290902993]
                  That is not true Dom. I would love Gill to be a success. I just have seen nothing to reward him with another year. Everything the guy has done is wrong. This includes recruiting, coaching, personnel matters, KU tradition stomping, stupid slogans, dumb as no names on uniform, and the fact we didn't just lose our games this year. WE GOT FREAKING DESTROYED...We were not competitive in any way.

Turner Gill is the most unproven and worst coach in BCS football. It makes me sick.
                  [/quote]

The guy doesn't even have a full season of recruiting under his belt and he already did that wrong?
                  Personnel matters are wrong? Like what? Moving TO to DE was a bad move?
                  Tradition stomping? OMG Fam didn't talk!!!11!!!!!1111 OMG1!!!zzz!!!! Like it would have made a difference.
                  Stupid slogans? Mangino didn't have stupid slogans? Nick Saban doesn't have stupid slogans?
                  I agree on the names. That is stupid.

As for getting destroyed. We got destroyed a couple times last year....with a lot more talent. We really only got beat bad in that 3 game stretch this year. Other than that it wasn't terrible.

Comment

If you can't agree we were terribly inept and poorly coached all year we will never agree.

Try to defend our special teams. Try to defend our completely inept offense. Please don't blame talent.

I am completely amazed the blind eye some are turning on this season. It was the most poorly coached season in my lifetime.

Comment

like dom said a lot of this teams problems comes from depth. We show some competitive drive, but get gassed halfway through the third. The MU game and the OSU game pretty much show that.

Stop blaming an inept offense, wave. No coaching in the world can help when your oline doesn't block.

Comment

Chris Harris said in post game that the team simply wasn't fired up for the game. He said, "younger players didn't know what this game meant."

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=2399.msg27101#msg27101 date=1290905649]
                          Stop blaming an inept offense, wave. No coaching in the world can help when your oline doesn't block.
                          [/quote]

So wrong. Its called the spread offense. You have watched it for the last few seasons.

Fucking Third and Long and Turner Gill insisted on putting square peg in round hole. NEWS FLASH DUMB FUCK TURNER.....you don't have the big uglies Dr. Tom had at NU. Jordan Webb running the spread 3 step drop throw...3 step drop throw....etc...etc.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=2399.msg27103#msg27103 date=1290905730]
                            Chris Harris said in post game that the team simply wasn't fired up for the game. He said, "younger players didn't know what this game meant."
                            [/quote]

Really convenient to blame it on the younger guys....Chris Harris is such a little punk, I quit following him on twitter some time ago

Comment

hmmm the younger players like Sims, Sands, and Beshears seemed to do the most on offense. Defensively Toben was getting pressure on Gabbert.

So which younger player seemed to not understand how much this game meant? Webb lived in Missouri, so he'd know. Keeston and Kevin Young are also from KC.

Not really a solid quote to pull out there, Wave.

Comment

Working...
                              X