ATO : Would you trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATO : Would you trade?

Would you trade success and tradition with basketball? Past stays the same, but moving forward football is a top 20 program, and basketball makes the Tourney once every few years. Would you?

Re: ATO : Would you trade?

fuck....no

Comment

No.

Comment

well, considering basketball is a consistent top 5-10 program, there's no way I'd trade for top 20 fb program.

Comment

Not in a million years.

Comment

[quote author=Ousdahl link=topic=2393.msg27023#msg27023 date=1290885095]
            well, considering basketball is a consistent top 5-10 program, there's no way I'd trade for top 20 fb program.
            [/quote]

My mistake. It's a fair trade of dominance/success. We become a BCS bowl team yearly, with the occasional NC game. Still no takers?

Does the conference realignment play any role in this decision?

Comment

I hate either/or arguments. Why do we only have to have one or the other? I want success for all sports and I wouldn't want to purposely hurt one sport just to boost another.

Comment

[quote author=Oobers link=topic=2393.msg27030#msg27030 date=1290890468]
                I hate either/or arguments. Why do we only have to have one or the other? I want success for all sports and I wouldn't want to purposely hurt one sport just to boost another.
                [/quote]

Completely agree. This is a pure hypothetical. If you could only have one, what would you choose.

Comment

No way!

The inventor of football didn't coach here and football coaching didn't get it's start here.

I'd love it if KU put together a perennial powerhouse in football, but basketball is our game, the rest of the country just plays it.

Comment

I like football but I'm very spoiled by the incredible success of our basketball program. Plus, we get to enjoy 30+ wins per NCAAM season. BCS football only gives 10-12 happy Saturdays in a great season, plus a bowl game. There's roughly three times as much enjoyment from hoops as the gridiron.

Plus being in the hunt for a national championship every single year is a very powerful thing. I know people who don't care two whits about any other sport but love KU basketball. Who wouldn't? We almost always win and sometimes, very rare times, we win it all.

Comment

[quote author=AnonyHawk link=topic=2393.msg27031#msg27031 date=1290891718]
                      [/quote]

Completely agree. This is a pure hypothetical. If you could only have one, what would you choose.
                      [/quote]

I can't even bring myself to think about it. I love both sports way too much. Thats like asking a mom if she had a choice, which of her kids should get cancer.

Comment

[quote author=Oobers link=topic=2393.msg27043#msg27043 date=1290893637]
                        [quote author=AnonyHawk link=topic=2393.msg27031#msg27031 date=1290891718]
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

I can't even bring myself to think about it. I love both sports way too much. Thats like asking a mom if she had a choice, which of her kids should get cancer.
                        [/quote]

The oldest.

Comment

Well...as the devil's advocate...if we get realigned into some type of non-bcs conference we won't have success in either sport

dammit

football is king these days....sadly

Comment

``

football is only king because the NCAA steals all the money from Basketball

if they took their share of the football pie or quit taking so damn much of the basketball revenue we'd be ok

Comment

Working...
                            X