Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Hunter says NBA lockout "99% sure"

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/23/sp...1&src=tptw

Thoughts if this happens? I love the thought of it for college ball next year, in particular the fact that UK could potentially add Anthony Davis, Michael Gilchrist, Marquis Teague, and Kyle Wiltjer to the guys we have right NOW.

I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind having Selby and McMorris for another year either, huh?

Re: Billy Hunter says NBA lockout "99% sure"

Both sides would be dumb to lockout. In this economy, people might not come back for a few years. It's always funny to see millionaires and billionaires argue about money.

Comment

If a lockout means more talent stays in college basketball then that's fine with me. If they avoid a lockout that's fine with me as well. I just have zero interest in the NBA with maybe just a bit of interest in how KU players are doing.

But as I think about it, I am not sure I can correctly name one KU player's current NBA team with the exception of Paul Pierce.

Comment

I never watch the NBA, because it isn't exciting basketball (save for the playoffs, maybe). That said, there is money for the players that the owners aren't willing to spend. Some teams (like the Timberwolves) use their franchise as a tax break, rather than an investment. They don't put the money into being competitive. On the other hand, some of the guaranteed contracts these players get are crazy. It seems like the way they set up salary caps and trading policies is a bit backwards.

Bring on the March (extra) Madness.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=2333.msg26362#msg26362 date=1290530434]
          http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/23/sp...1&src=tptw

Thoughts if this happens? I love the thought of it for college ball next year, in particular the fact that UK could potentially add Anthony Davis, Michael Gilchrist, Marquis Teague, and Kyle Wiltjer to the guys we have right NOW.

I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind having Selby and McMorris for another year either, huh?
          [/quote]

no surprise UK fans are masturbating to the idea of the lockout...will be the only way they keep people around long enough to come close to winning a titlewith Cal around

Comment

Working...
          X