I love the guy

Hartman 295-169
    Krueger 81-47
    Altman 68-54
    Asbury 85-88
    Wooly 83-90
    Huggy 23-12
    Martin 75-32

I thought Martin was a joke and would get run out for strangling a player. B/c of the way his team plays, the guys he coaches up, the interviews he gives, I love the dude.

He is great for the conference and perfect for K-State. After shitting on him from the get-go as being a rule-breaking HS coach to where he is now, I think he is great.

He has helped me not hate State. His sideline antics are awesome, his yelling at his players is somewhat quaint (for whatever reason) and his teams defend and play hard. Love him, hope he sticks around.

Re: Frank Martin

[quote author=vorsk link=topic=2323.msg26272#msg26272 date=1290500439]
    I love the guy

Hartman 295-169
    Krueger 81-47
    Altman 68-54
    Asbury 85-88
    Wooly 83-90
    Huggy 23-12
    Martin 75-32

I thought Martin was a joke and would get run out for strangling a player. B/c of the way his team plays, the guys he coaches up, the interviews he gives, I love the dude.

He is great for the conference and perfect for K-State. After shitting on him from the get-go as being a rule-breaking HS coach to where he is now, I think he is great.

He has helped me not hate State. His sideline antics are awesome, his yelling at his players is somewhat quaint (for whatever reason) and his teams defend and play hard. Love him, hope he sticks around.
    [/quote]

I don't have any words for this.

So you don't hate K-State anymore?

Comment

He is adorable !:

And he seems to be a good match for KSU right now.

Comment

[quote author=vorsk link=topic=2323.msg26272#msg26272 date=1290500439]
        I love the guy

Hartman 295-169
        Krueger 81-47
        Altman 68-54
        Asbury 85-88
        Wooly 83-90
        Huggy 23-12
        Martin 75-32

[/quote]

Dude, I like him, too. BUT, I still find the purple annoying and hate their bandwagon approach. Fuck'em all and keep on having Martin do TV/radio interviews.

Comment

He needs to get a new tailor, though.

Comment

I like what Frank said recently:

"You know what makes me sick to my stomach? When I hear grown people say that kids have changed. Kids haven’t changed. Kids don’t know anything about anything. We’ve changed as adults. We demand less of kids. We expect less of kids. We make their lives easier instea...d of preparing them for what life is truly about. We’re the ones that have changed. To blame kids is a cop out.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n-martin112210

Comment

I agree with all of this. Frank Martin is an awesome coach and I have a lot of respect for him. He's old school. Hell, I'd like to see if he might be interested in coaching Football for KU. As much as it pains me to say it, I like Mike Anderson too.

Comment

[quote author=kcjhawks4 link=topic=2323.msg26302#msg26302 date=1290526168]
                I agree with all of this. Frank Martin is an awesome coach and I have a lot of respect for him. He's old school. Hell, I'd like to see if he might be interested in coaching Football for KU. As much as it pains me to say it, I like Mike Anderson too.
                [/quote]

I was talking with a friend last night about Frank and Mike. How the hell did we end up with coaches we like at rival school. We need Norm back!

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=2323.msg26342#msg26342 date=1290529438]
                  [quote author=kcjhawks4 link=topic=2323.msg26302#msg26302 date=1290526168]
                  [/quote]

I was talking with a friend last night about Frank and Mike. How the hell did we end up with coaches we like at rival school. We need Norm back!
                  [/quote]

Mike Anderson is a whiny douche who runs a gimmicky system but other than that yeah he's totally awesome.

Comment

I've been trying to figure out how to respond to this. The best metaphor I could come up with is that Frank is like the crazy drunk uncle that doesn't drink.

Comment

[quote author=vorsk link=topic=2323.msg26406#msg26406 date=1290537823]

I've been trying to figure out how to respond to this. The best metaphor I could come up with is that Frank is like the crazy drunk uncle that doesn't drink.
                      [/quote]

And that makes you hate K-State and her fans less?

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2323.msg26407#msg26407 date=1290538397]
                        [quote author=vorsk link=topic=2323.msg26406#msg26406 date=1290537823]

[/quote]

And that makes you hate K-State and her fans less?
                        [/quote]

vorsk grew up in misery, so I understand how he might not have the hate/annoyance level of purple that some of us growing in Kansas might have. It's easy to hate mizzou, if you didn't grow up there. From outside of Kansas, K-State looks like little brother and is easy to ignore.

Comment

I'm not on board with the team state conference concept. They can still eat a bag of dicks. The nice thing is they aren't recruiting against at this point. I think it's a lot more fun having them be decent to good.

Comment

I don't know how to react to this thread.

Comment

You just gotta love Frank don't you? Reminds me of the time Bill Snyder took over KSU and took them to a national power. Let me tell you guys all about it. Its started in 1989.....

Comment

Working...
                              X