Good Catholic boys apparently not so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Catholic boys apparently not so good

College freshman commits suicide after allegedly being assaulted by Notre Dame Player

Brian Kelly's reaction to this strikes me as odd. I've never seen a coach talk about himself quite so much when one of his players is accused of rape.

Re: Good Catholic boys apparently not so good

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2302.msg25994#msg25994 date=1290380211]
    College freshman commits suicide after allegedly being assaulted by Notre Dame Player

Brian Kelly's reaction to this strikes me as odd. I've never seen a coach talk about himself quite so much when one of his players is accused of rape.
    [/quote]

Brian Kelly should be fired. I get he probably had no control over all the situations this year, but in the end he's the leader of the team and should take the hit for all that's gone wrong.

Comment

Not that it means anything, but Notre Dame is barely considered Catholic anymore.

Comment

Father Flannigan is rolling in his grave.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2302.msg26002#msg26002 date=1290381732]
          Not that it means anything, but Notre Dame is barely considered Catholic anymore.
          [/quote]

This.

Plus, as a Catholic myself, my experience with people who go to Catholic schools, high school or college, have not been the best. Just because they go to the school doesn't mean they represent it.

Comment

[quote author=Oobers link=topic=2302.msg26040#msg26040 date=1290393124]
            [quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2302.msg26002#msg26002 date=1290381732]
            [/quote]

This.

Plus, as a Catholic myself, my experience with people who go to Catholic schools, high school or college, have not been the best. Just because they go to the school doesn't mean they represent it.
            [/quote]

A lot of the kids that go to Catholic schools are because their parents are trying to "straighten them out". Not because they are so pious.

Comment

Working...
            X