• Show
Clear All

• Greg Gurley is epically bad

at announcing.

That is all.

Re: Greg Gurley is epically bad

I think he is very good. :shrugs.

Different strokes for different folks.

I'd prefer listening to Greg over 90% of all other color guys.

Comment

His blatant homerism at times is laughable and gives Bob a run for his money. His voice and lack of emotion is the other thing.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=2279.msg25760#msg25760 date=1290220070]

[/quote]

i agree....it's like watching the game with a buddy who went to ku with you.

Comment

Despite Gurley's complete unease with the American English language, he succeeds at giving a player's level analysis of the game.

He'll never be more than a local color man for KU on Channel 6, and I'm betting he's just fine with that.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=2279.msg25757#msg25757 date=1290218370]
            at announcing.

That is all.
            [/quote]

If you go to the game, you don't have to hear him.

Comment

[quote author=JackLord link=topic=2279.msg25791#msg25791 date=1290228113]
              [quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=2279.msg25760#msg25760 date=1290220070]

[/quote]

i agree....it's like watching the game with a buddy who went to ku with you.
              [/quote]

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2279.msg25889#msg25889 date=1290297820]
                Despite Gurley's complete unease with the American English language, he succeeds at giving a player's level analysis of the game.

He'll never be more than a local color man for KU on Channel 6, and I'm betting he's just fine with that.
                [/quote]

Comment

At least Gurley didn't call TRob "Thomas The Energizer Tank Engine", so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Comment

What a minute! You're allowed to say something other than slobbing the knob of former KU basketball players and not get your comments deleted? And there's no AIDZ? Glad I came over finally.

Comment

Spread the word, kcj

Comment

[quote author=kcjhawks4 link=topic=2279.msg26016#msg26016 date=1290389355]
                        What a minute! You're allowed to say something other than slobbing the knob of former KU basketball players and not get your comments deleted? And there's no AIDZ? Glad I came over finally.
                        [/quote]

Negatives: Greg Gurley is a blatant homer and it sounds like he has marbles in his mouth when he talks.

Positives: He does bring a player's perspective to the table, he could knock down the 3 though, loves KU, I still remember that perfect shooting game he had once upon a time, and it currently looks like he could really put down the beer now and would be a good drinking buddy.

Comment

I don't have a problem with Gurley and I can understand his homerism since it's the Jayhawk Network. Now his sidekick who is the play-by-play guy is absolutely horrible.

Comment

Gurley is fine by me. It's Armstrong trying to be witty or coming up with puns that make no sense.

Comment

[quote author=sglane link=topic=2279.msg26129#msg26129 date=1290445699]
                              Gurley is fine by me. It's Armstrong trying to be witty or coming up with puns that make no sense.
                              [/quote]

Yes, now I remember his name. . . Dave Armstrong. "WOW!"

Comment

Working...
                              X