Perimeter defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perimeter defense

Is anyone else concerned about this team's ability to guard the perimeter this year? The more Self talks about how fast we are, the more I'm reminded of the Roy Williams-led teams that tended to give up a lot of open looks from beyond the arc. It just seems inherent to "faster" playing teams.

Is this concern justified in any way?

Re: Perimeter defense

I think it's less a concern of perimeter defense than transition defense. Playing so quickly can lend to transition shots for opponents; as long as we aren't overly aggressive in pushing the ball leading to stupid turnovers, we will be fine. We are more athletic than 99% of the teams we face.

If we are quick to double team in the post though, I will be a bit concerned. If T-Rob and Withey can provide some defensive presence to avoid double-teaming altogether, the defense should be solid.

Comment

We seemed lazy at times. When everyone is going hard on D we looked great. However there were times when people would drive right by their guys.

Comment

We'll have to see when we face a team that is a bit more balanced. It seems to me that most of the inferior teams live and die by the three when they gameplan against us. I think that we'll get a feel for this team's defense once we play a tourney team or a Big-6 conference team.

Comment

Working...
        X