Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Thread

What do we think now?

Who should be in the driver's seat from here on out? I hate QB carousels (see: 2005, although that one ended up working out) but it seems as though we've exhausted our bench and no one seems fit to run a D1 B12 offense

Anyone know anything about the recruiting situation (I brought up Zack Stoudt in another thread) or if we're gonna be seeing a few years of this stagnancy (is that a word?)

QB Thread

Personally I think we roll with Webb. He's young but was just as good as the other options. With reps and time who knows what he could do.

Comment

Re: QB Thread

I have no preference from amongst our current selection. In fact I wouldnt mind seeing us use Bashears or Sands out of the wildcat for a good chunk of our total snaps.. couldnt be worse. I really hope we land Zack Stoudt, big kid with a cannon.. and I just have one of those hunches about him panning out into a good player for us.. however to make any use of that we are really gonna need our O-Line to grow/get healthy before fall 2011.

Comment

We can't change QBs every time we lose a game.

Mecham started his third game against a very very good defense. I say stick with him the last two games and let them sort out 2011 in the spring.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2156.msg24260#msg24260 date=1289773856]

Mecham started his third game against a very very good defense. I say stick with him the last two games and let them sort out 2011 in the spring.
          [/quote]

Bingo. Mecham may suck, but we've got a stable of dinged up horses. Our offense may suck, but the real problem is the o-line and not the QB. I couldn't see the game, but 6 or 7 third down sacks can't all be Mecham's fault.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2156.msg24440#msg24440 date=1289844231]
            [quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2156.msg24260#msg24260 date=1289773856]

[/quote]

Bingo. Mecham may suck, but we've got a stable of dinged up horses. Our offense may suck, but the real problem is the o-line and not the QB. I couldn't see the game, but 6 or 7 third down sacks can't all be Mecham's fault.
            [/quote]

or the terrible YPC by our RB's.

Comment

Working...
            X