Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullets

I haven't seen either exhibition.

So hit me with bullets of how the team has looked.

What experiments are the coaching staff working on?

Re: Bullets

McMorris is a beast - Markieff looks good too

3 point shooting has been pretty bad

I'm personally concerned with our post defense - hard to really tell against a bunch of 6'7" white dudes though

We run a lot

Experimented w/ some weird lineups in ESU game - T-Rob, Markieff, Tyrel, Brady, Releford started

Point Plankn has seemed to settle down some - which is a good thing

Tyrel got stuffed by the rim on an alley-oop

Releford has been impressive

T-Rob was awesome in ESU game - double double, and swatting stuff all over the place

Elijah needs to earn a spot ASAP... It might suck if Brady has to play 20 minutes a game

Little still doesn't have a position - got absolutely abused by some guards on defense

Haven't seen much from Royce

Withey came back and looked like George Muresan - he's got a way to go to get in game shape

Free Selby

Comment

You can download the games from this site mentioned in this thread.
      http://boards.kusports.com/showflat....page=0#1855661

I agree with most of the bullets. We aren't playing that well defensively yet but have a crapton of athletic offensive players.

Comment

• [li]KU basketball[/li]
          [li]It totally sucks and stuff[/li]
          [li]thus ends my haiku[/li]

Comment

Trob will be very good, just needs to polish some of his touch on the offensive end, but he has fantastic offensive moves to the basket.

Releford looks good

This team looks like it will be able to drive the lane fairly easily unlike last year, which should open up 3's.

3's haven't been nearly as bad as people keep saying. It's a few players that have been chucking them up like crazy and missing (EJ, and Reed iddn't look good but we know he can stroke it)

Marcus and Markieff both hit 3's

Tyshawn has actually had a few ranged jumpers.

Brady isn't wearing his undershirt anymore

Defensively we look average thus far.

Releford, Trob, and Tyshawn all look like they've improved quite a bit

Releford was actually incredibly vocal for his first year of seeing real minutes.

Comment

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

I can't wait to see this team in action.

Any chemistry issues? Sounds like it, since coach is switching starting line-ups.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2096.msg23602#msg23602 date=1289510077]
              Thanks all. I appreciate it.

I can't wait to see this team in action.

Any chemistry issues? Sounds like it, since coach is switching starting line-ups.
              [/quote]

Define chemistry issues. Nothing really stood out as far as the players not getting along. Everyone played unselfishly and everyone got their fair share of shots. As a whole, they seem like a likable group that gets along very well. I think Self was just messing around to see which combinations work well together.

Comment

Watching the first 6 minutes of the game, I couldn't help but think Self was testing out a lineup that might come up in the event of foul trouble or injuries for some of the expected starters. I think it was a test to see how they handled adversity.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2096.msg23611#msg23611 date=1289510880]
                  Watching the first 6 minutes of the game, I couldn't help but think Self was testing out a lineup that might come up in the event of foul trouble or injuries for some of the expected starters. I think it was a test to see how they handled adversity.
                  [/quote]

I also noticed he let guys stay in in foul situations where they usually don't (2 fouls in the first half, 3 in early 2nd half, etc.). I'd imagine your observation is probably spot on.

Comment

i'd actually say there is better chemistry on this team than the last 2 years teams. The last 2 years it was Sherron's team. This year it looks like it's just THE team. They are all standing and excited watching their teammates play on the other end of the floor, and it seems like they are always giving it up on fast breaks for someone else to make a great highlight reel play.

Comment

Working...
                    X