5. LSU .8170
    6. Stanford .7454
    7. Wisconsin .7349
    8. Nebraska .7298
    9. Ohio State.6613
    10. Oklahoma State .6211
    11. Michigan State .6180
    12. Alabama .5490

Oregon has to go to Cal, play Arizona at home and the go on the road and play Oregon State. At this point, I think they are out with a loss-- TCU is too close now.

With LSU beating Bama, Auburn is guaranteed a shot at the SEC title game if they beat Georgia or Bama. They play Georgia at home this week, have a bye the next and then travel to play at Alabama. I think they could make up enough points if they drop a close one against Bama and win the SEC title game.

It looks like TCU is well ahead of Boise State after trouncing Utah. The only need to beat San Diego State and New Mexico to win out. They need an Oregon or Auburn loss to get into the title game-- the rest of their schedule will only hurt them in the polls.

A final note: Mizzou sucks and will not be playing in a BCS game this year.

Re: New BCS rankings

KSTATEO is #24 in the poll where the rankings are made up and the points don't matter

Comment

Oregon's only stumbling block will be @ OSU. That game is going to be NUTZ.

I honestly can't see Auburn going into Alabama and coming out with a W, especially after Alabama has dropped 2 already this season.

Oregon vs. TCU or the nightmare for ESPN, TCU vs Boise State.

Comment

Boise St. may need some more teams to lose to EVEN MAKE a BCS bowl. And its a legit possibility they don't if no one else loses. Before you stop reading because you think its stupid....read this and think about it.

NC - Oregon vs. Auburn.
        Rose Bowl - Big 10 Champ vs. TCU - Contractually obligated to take the top non-AQ in place of Oregon.
        Sugar Bowl - LSU vs. Big 10 #2 - They lost Auburn...so they get to pick whoever they want. They obviously take LSU. Then they either take Big 10 #2 (tOSU or Wisconsin) or Boise St? They have suffered because of non-AQ teams before, and with first pick, they probably take the 1-loss Big 10 runner up.
        Orange Bowl - VaTech vs. ??? - IMO, This is what it comes down to. Does the Orange Bowl want a rematch of VaTech/Boise? Or do they want to bring in a 2 loss Big 12 runner up or a 1-loss Stanford team?
        Fiesta Bowl - Big 12 champ vs. Pittsburgh - They are obligated to the Big 12 champ, and have last pick, so they get stuck with Big East champ Pitt, who HAS to go somewhere....even though they aren't even in the Top 25.

Obviously there are many losses that could change this...but its something to think about. And another way the BCS would be fucked.

Comment

[quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=2041.msg22740#msg22740 date=1289252124]
          Boise St. may need some more teams to lose to EVEN MAKE a BCS bowl. And its a legit possibility they don't if no one else loses. Before you stop reading because you think its stupid....read this and think about it.

NC - Oregon vs. Auburn.
          Rose Bowl - Big 10 Champ vs. TCU - Contractually obligated to take the top non-AQ in place of Oregon.
          Sugar Bowl - LSU vs. Big 10 #2 - They lost Auburn...so they get to pick whoever they want. They obviously take LSU. Then they either take Big 10 #2 (tOSU or Wisconsin) or Boise St? They have suffered because of non-AQ teams before, and with first pick, they probably take the 1-loss Big 10 runner up.
          Orange Bowl - VaTech vs. ??? - IMO, This is what it comes down to. Does the Orange Bowl want a rematch of VaTech/Boise? Or do they want to bring in a 2 loss Big 12 runner up or a 1-loss Stanford team?
          Fiesta Bowl - Big 12 champ vs. Pittsburgh - They are obligated to the Big 12 champ, and have last pick, so they get stuck with Big East champ Pitt, who HAS to go somewhere....even though they aren't even in the Top 25.

Obviously there are many losses that could change this...but its something to think about. And another way the BCS would be fucked.
          [/quote]

I'd think that the Orange Bowl would take Nebraska if they lose in the CCG. If memory serves me correctly, the bowls can opt out of the Big East conference champion for another BCS qualifier. I know they can also switch bids if both bowls agree to it. I'd have to think the Fiesta and Orange Bowls would agree to swap the Big East champ for Boise State, due to the regional draw.

I do see your point, though. They could be on the outside looking in.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2041.msg22791#msg22791 date=1289262032]
            [quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=2041.msg22740#msg22740 date=1289252124]

NC - Oregon vs. Auburn.

[/quote]

I'd think that the Orange Bowl would take Nebraska if they lose in the CCG. If memory serves me correctly, the bowls can opt out of the Big East conference champion for another BCS qualifier. I know they can also switch bids if both bowls agree to it. I'd have to think the Fiesta and Orange Bowls would agree to swap the Big East champ for Boise State, due to the regional draw.

I do see your point, though. They could be on the outside looking in.
            [/quote]

Well the Big East doesn't have a designated bowl...so they have to get "picked" like any other at-large team. The order of selection goes Sugar, Orange, Fiesta.

So the Orange Bowl could definitely select Pitt....but I don't know why they would. They aren't even ranked in the Top 25....and I think any other team would bring just as many people to Miami.

Not sure about what you say with the "trade out Big East champ"??? I'm pretty sure they are guaranteed a bid, no matter how bad.

I do agree on Nebraska going to the Orange.
            The Orange bowl has traditionally tied itself to the Big 8/Big 12.
            The winner of the Big 12 is contractually obligated to the Fiesta Bowl.

So, the way I see it the Orange Bowl comes down to ---
            2 loss Big 12 runner up - either Ok St. or Nebraska
            1 loss Pac 10 runner up Stanford
            Unbeated Boise St. in a rematch game against VaTech.

Comment

Working...
            X