Completely rash, first thought observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely rash, first thought observations

I don't claim to know a lot about basketball. I will be wrong more than right. I really like KU hoops.

1. I think I will end up liking this team, but may also want to beat my head against a wall at times.
    a) We can play fast which will be fun but also lead to bonehead plays and passes to seats.
    b) Tyshawn/EJ combo has potential... to be damn good and also to be a trainwreck.
    2. We seem awfully short and not terribly talented at rebounding.
    3. Good defense at times. It is irritating to bail them out at the end of the shot clock.
    4. If you would have told me in 2008 that the Morris twins would be the leaders of this team, I would have called you an idiot and thought KU hoops was doomed.
    5. Free throw and 3 point shooting will probably end up regressing toward the mean.
    6. KC, MO players certainly like their dual 90's wrist bands.
    7. For all the talk of how athletic Tyrel is, he is quite limited on the court.
    8. I think I like Royce's game. Seems heady could blossom into a solid guard. I don't want him redshirted.
    9. EJ vs. Brady is a toss-up right now. Neither impressed last night and I'm torn on this. Brady has proven what he is capable of and EJ has shown flashes. We will see as the season progresses, but ZOMGZ!!1111!!elven EJ CAN DUNXZORZ!!1!
    10. FREE SELBY

Re: Completely rash, first thought observations

[quote author=blackPHOGmoan link=topic=1907.msg21345#msg21345 date=1288794146]
    I don't claim to know a lot about basketball. I will be wrong more than right. I really like KU hoops.

1. I think I will end up liking this team, but may also want to beat my head against a wall at times.
    a) We can play fast which will be fun but also lead to bonehead plays and passes to seats.
    b) Tyshawn/EJ combo has potential... to be damn good and also to be a trainwreck.
    2. We seem awfully short and not terribly talented at rebounding.
    3. Good defense at times. It is irritating to bail them out at the end of the shot clock.
    4. If you would have told me in 2008 that the Morris twins would be the leaders of this team, I would have called you an idiot and thought KU hoops was doomed.
    5. Free throw and 3 point shooting will probably end up regressing toward the mean.
    6. KC, MO players certainly like their dual 90's wrist bands.
    7. For all the talk of how athletic Tyrel is, he is quite limited on the court.
    8. I think I like Royce's game. Seems heady could blossom into a solid guard. I don't want him redshirted.
    9. EJ vs. Brady is a toss-up right now. Neither impressed last night and I'm torn on this. Brady has proven what he is capable of and EJ has shown flashes. We will see as the season progresses, but ZOMGZ!!1111!!elven EJ CAN DUNXZORZ!!1!
    10. FREE SELBY
    [/quote]

I like your Oak Cliff avatar...if you are going to run your head into a wall I would choose that one.

Comment

I wouldn't have to walk far.

Comment

[quote author=blackPHOGmoan link=topic=1907.msg21353#msg21353 date=1288794613]
        [/quote]

Don't get shot on your way to the wall

Comment

[quote author=RDhawk link=topic=1907.msg21360#msg21360 date=1288794777]
          [/quote]

[/quote]

North side, son. It's artsy white folks. I'd probably get petitioned to death first.

Comment

[quote author=blackPHOGmoan link=topic=1907.msg21368#msg21368 date=1288795383]
            [quote author=RDhawk link=topic=1907.msg21360#msg21360 date=1288794777]
            [/quote]

[/quote]

North side, son. It's artsy white folks. I'd probably get petitioned to death first.
            [/quote]

I was thinking they'd just put a picture of you with an X through it on the corner of their twitter avatar. That'll show you.

Also-- http://photos from the game last night.

[img width=400 height=600]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1177/5142285208_465179c582_b.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X