Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-19 from three?

really?
    I hope those all were contested, because if those were open looks we are going to be in trouble.
    One thing I was hoping is that this team could shoot the ball well.
    If not, we will get buried by some mid major that can bomb the three.

Re: 4-19 from three?

[quote author=RDhawk link=topic=1904.msg21328#msg21328 date=1288791286]
    really?
    I hope those all were contested, because if those were open looks we are going to be in trouble.
    [/quote]

Morris' 28 points made up for it.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1904.msg21329#msg21329 date=1288791428]
      really?
      [/quote]

Morris' 28 points made up for it.
      [/quote]

I didn't see the game.
      Sounds like he played well. I don't have issue with how we won...just concerned that if we cannot hit the three we might have some issues. First game, no selby...I'm not freaking just wondering what others thought about our shooting.

Comment

really?

[/quote]

Some were contested, others were just off. EJ shot a few questionable looks and looked bad. Tyrel and Travis had a few in and outs. Brady looked off. Twins looked decent.

We know Tyrel can shoot. It was just off last night.
        Travis MAY be able to knock a few down.
        Kieff's shot looked fluid and may not be a terrible option if trailing on the break.
        Brady and EJ probably aren't first look guys, but we know Brady can knock it down. EJ, big unknown.

It was the guys first time going through the whole ordeal out there, I'll take a wait and see approach.

Comment

[quote author=blackPHOGmoan link=topic=1904.msg21341#msg21341 date=1288793419]
          really?

[/quote]

Some were contested, others were just off. EJ shot a few questionable looks and looked bad. Tyrel and Travis had a few in and outs. Brady looked off. Twins looked decent.

We know Tyrel can shoot. It was just off last night.
          Travis MAY be able to knock a few down.
          Kieff's shot looked fluid and may not be a terrible option if trailing on the break.
          Brady and EJ probably aren't first look guys, but we know Brady can knock it down. EJ, big unknown.

It was the guys first time going through the whole ordeal out there, I'll take a wait and see approach.
          [/quote]

Thanks, I was most suprised by Tyrel's line, he was like 1 of 5...I know he can shoot. Hopefully it was just first game jitters/bad luck

Comment

He drained the first one and it looked pretty vintage Tyrel. If he would have shot 5 more, I would place my money on him making 3 of the 5.

Comment

we've always been a decent three pt. shooting team. This year won't be any different so don't get your panties bunched. :runaway:

Comment

Selby will be 60% from behind the arc

BOOK IT DANO

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1904.msg21357#msg21357 date=1288794691]
                  Selby will be 60% from behind the arc

BOOK IT DANO
                  [/quote]

As an aside, I've always been of the opinion if your 3 pt percentage is that high, like above 45 or 50% you aren't shooting enough. Keep chuckin' them shits..

Any thoughts?

Comment

Reed and Releford both had a bunch of shots that looked like they were going in, i expect them both to be good shooters. (releford = 35% or so i think, we know what reed can do)

They ran a lot of sets for EJ, but he just didnt look comfortable out there. I think he's still waiting for the game to slow down. The line up is going to be:
                    Selby
                    Tyshawn
                    Reed
                    Kief
                    Marcus.

Releford/Robinson/EJ

Still not sure what to do with Little, he looked good but just doesnt have a real position. Too much of a tweener forward

Comment

[quote author=ishamael89 link=topic=1904.msg21375#msg21375 date=1288795871]

They ran a lot of sets for EJ, but he just didnt look comfortable out there. [/quote]

I've seen this line thrown out a lot, but don't remember it being true. He had a few shots off the dribble and maybe once or twice coming off picks, but certainly didn't run a lot of sets for him, like Brandon Rush.

If I missed it, I apologize, but I'm not sure that saying is entirely accurate.

Comment

Reed and Releford both had a bunch of shots that looked like they were going in, i expect them both to be good shooters. (releford = 35% or so i think, we know what reed can do)

They ran a lot of sets for EJ, but he just didnt look comfortable out there. I think he's still waiting for the game to slow down. The line up is going to be:
                        Selby
                        Tyshawn
                        Reed
                        Kief
                        Marcus.

Releford/Robinson/EJ

Still not sure what to do with Little, he looked good but just doesnt have a real position. Too much of a tweener forward
                        [/quote]

Maybe you just forgot to type him in, but you forgot Brady. People say it every year, and every year they are wrong about him not getting quite a few minutes. Brady will be in the rotation, you can count on it. People love to hate on him, but believe it or not he does a lot of good things on the floor that don't show up on the box score.

I like Brady and his game personally until the last month of the season. For some reason he just gets tired or goes into a slump and actually hurts us at that point. But for the rest of the season he is a real quality contributor to our team.

Comment

Hell of a lot better than the 1-11 we shot from 3 in our first exh. Friday night. I honestly think we'll be a good 3 pt. shooting team, though.

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=1904.msg21419#msg21419 date=1288800331]

Selby
                            Tyshawn
                            Reed
                            Kief
                            Marcus.

Releford/Robinson/EJ

[/quote]

Maybe you just forgot to type him in, but you forgot Brady. People say it every year, and every year they are wrong about him not getting quite a few minutes. Brady will be in the rotation, you can count on it. People love to hate on him, but believe it or not he does a lot of good things on the floor that don't show up on the box score.

I like Brady and his game personally until the last month of the season. For some reason he just gets tired or goes into a slump and actually hurts us at that point. But for the rest of the season he is a real quality contributor to our team.
                            [/quote]

Yes, but can he perform without his sleeved undershirt? Time will tell.

Comment

Did Withey play at all? Did he look good?

Comment

Working...
                              X