Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we've got our guy

LINK

Gray-Little declined to be interviewed about Gill, because she didn't wish to address performance issues. Through a university spokesman, she said Gill was "exactly who we need leading our football program during this time of transition and into the future."

I can hear WtW crying all the way in Tulsa

Re: Looks like we've got our guy

BGL gets a lot of unfair criticism. She can't say anything except positives because, frankly, saying Gill is struggling and sucks shit isn't the proper move.

Comment

Also, she is president of the university. I'm willing to bet her duties extend further than monitoring TG. She isn't an athletic director and she is probably advised on what to do regarding certain parts of the university. She was thrown into a situation with a lot of problems and probably relied on Chainsaw for help.

Now, there are a thousand different things going on and firing TG isn't a viable option. So, you back your guy for the time being in the media and make the proper PR move.

The criticism of BGL is generally unfair, and seems to stem from her triple threat of being a black woman and have an affinity for academics (the reasons universities exist).

Comment

I wasn't criticizing...just posting the story

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1819.msg19985#msg19985 date=1288373237]
          I wasn't criticizing...just posting the story
          [/quote]

I know. Not attacking you, brah. I was just laying out my thoughts from what I read and hear about the subject, which isn't much outside of LJW.

So I could very easily be wrong, and I would be the first to admit that.

Comment

[quote author=blackPHOGmoan link=topic=1819.msg19984#msg19984 date=1288372944]
            Also, she is president of the university. I'm willing to bet her duties extend further than monitoring TG. She isn't an athletic director and she is probably advised on what to do regarding certain parts of the university. She was thrown into a situation with a lot of problems and probably relied on Chainsaw for help.

Now, there are a thousand different things going on and firing TG isn't a viable option. So, you back your guy for the time being in the media and make the proper PR move.

The criticism of BGL is generally unfair, and seems to stem from her triple threat of being a black woman and have an affinity for academics (the reasons universities exist).
            [/quote]

I'm all about having excellent academics, but having top quality athletics does drive applicants to your University. If Kansas had the skrilla to be in the Ivy League, I'd say eff athletics. However, moving to a MAC level conference can't be good for enrollment when you're a middle of the pack large-public-research University.

Comment

Working...
            X