Selby???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selby???

Rumors flying that he might be cleared. The Slant has a thread saying he is. :runaway: :runaway:

Re: Selby???

Pablo Torre of SI has been on this all day. He says that the NCAA is now apparently more concerned with night classes taken in High School. Torre's exact words were:

"No idea when/if Selby'll be cleared. Could be tmrw, could go R-Sidney-style. NCAA noted a zillion factors (cooperation, complexity...)"

Comment

Talked to a person I know in compliance at the AD...as of this afternoon they still hadn't heard a thing any different.

Comment

Someone will always post something like that on every forum until it hits. Remember mascott saying a month ago he would be cleared the following Tuesday?

No one knows shit, and people claiming they do, know even less.

Comment

Oct. 27, 2010

Comment from Bill Self, KU men’s basketball coach, in response to media requests for comment on the status of KU freshman basketball student-athlete Josh Selby:

“Josh’s status for competition hasn’t changed. While he has met NCAA academic requirements to be on aid, practice and compete this year, we continue to work with the NCAA as we review his amateur status. We will not play Josh in games until that process is complete and a decision is rendered.

“We support and respect the process, and hope that it is over sooner rather than later. But we don’t expect a decision on this before the regular season begins. We will not comment further until the process is complete.”

Comment

THE CAKE IS A LIE

Comment

Free Selby.

And Enes.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=1753.msg19486#msg19486 date=1288225662]
                Free Selby.

And Enes.
                [/quote]

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Comment

Free Selby.

And Enes.
                  [/quote]

I would make this deal if it came to it. As much as I don't want to see another dominant big man at UK, I want Selby more.

Comment

Free Selby.

And Enes.
                    [/quote]

I hope Enes gets to play too. The way the economy is, I'm sure he could use the pay raise he'd get at Kentucky.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=1753.msg19490#msg19490 date=1288228178]
                      Free Selby.

And Enes.
                      [/quote]

I hope Enes gets to play too. The way the economy is, I'm sure he could use the pay raise he'd get at Kentucky.
                      [/quote]

His contract is locked in and guaranteed. Play or not, he gets paid.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=1753.msg19499#msg19499 date=1288230326]
                        Free Selby.

And Enes.
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well in that case, I hope he doesn't get cleared. That should make a sizable dent in the Kentucky payroll account.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=1753.msg19509#msg19509 date=1288231894]
                          [quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=1753.msg19499#msg19499 date=1288230326]
                          Free Selby.

And Enes.
                          [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well in that case, I hope he doesn't get cleared. That should make a sizable dent in the Kentucky payroll account.
                          [/quote]

Kentucky's slush fund wasn't hurt by the economy. Instead of investing in real estate, corporate debt and emerging markets, they invested in McDonalds, Walmart and Waffle house. It's the only things they know.

Comment

Free Selby.

And Enes.
                            [/quote]

I think both we be cleared.. But from my understanding - Kanter's situation is a lot more complicated than Selby's because of his Amateur Status.

The NCAA sucks for dragging this through.. They had all summer before classes started to figure out the status of both players. It shouldn't take this long to make a decision. Especially with Selby, considering his is a academic issue. Seems too me if it was that big a deal with Selby, he never would have been cleared by the "NCAA Clearing House" to attend classes in the first place.

Comment

[quote author=bigbluepappy link=topic=1753.msg20589#msg20589 date=1288598758]
                              Free Selby.

And Enes.
                              [/quote]

I think both we be cleared.. But from my understanding - Kanter's situation is a lot more complicated than Selby's because of his Amateur Status.

The NCAA sucks for dragging this through.. They had all summer before classes started to figure out the status of both players. It shouldn't take this long to make a decision. Especially with Selby, considering his is a academic issue. Seems too me if it was that big a deal with Selby, he never would have been cleared by the "NCAA Clearing House" to attend classes in the first place.
                              [/quote]

I think they'll both play too, and like you, I despise the NCAA for taking their sweet ass time on these things.

Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X