Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas City has more Grapes than Meth Addicts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City has more Grapes than Meth Addicts?

If Missouri beats Nebraska on Saturday, will the Big Ten regret its decision?

It didn’t take long for that question to come up this week. I heard it Monday. There’s an easy, quick answer.

No.

The Big Ten didn’t invite Nebraska last summer because the Huskers had a nice fourth quarter at Faurot Field last year. My sources close to the situation indicate that Mizzou wasn’t a Big Ten target. Notre Dame, Texas and Nebraska were.

Why NU? It has everything to do with Nebraska’s national brand name and potential for Big Ten Network TV ratings. Forget the number of TV sets in Nebraska. It’s everywhere else. The Huskers have some of the top-rated college football TV games of all time. They have a fan base in all 50 states. They bring along history of being in major bowls and winning championships. They’re a program, love or hate ’em, that people talk about and watch.

At least that’s what the Big Ten Network executives say.

Missouri can’t say that. This wasn’t about basketball or academics or St. Louis and Kansas City. This just in: I graduated from Mizzou. I’m from K.C. The idea that Missouri could deliver the K.C. market to the Big Ten is silly. K.C. always has been, always will be a University of Kansas town — KU hoops. Since Bill Snyder started doing his thing in Manhattan, the Powercats have a bigger share of that market.
    Shatel: NU brand, not Tigers, attracted Big Ten

Re: Kansas City has more Grapes than Meth Addicts?

Well, we are America's team.

Comment

[quote author=The42FootLongSchlong link=topic=1732.msg18949#msg18949 date=1288105476]
      [/quote]

:puke:

Comment

[quote author=The42FootLongSchlong link=topic=1732.msg18949#msg18949 date=1288105476]
        [/quote]

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=1732.msg19000#msg19000 date=1288108976]
          [/quote]

[/quote]

Dallas Cowboy uniforms + America analogy in KSTATEO thread

Comment

Working...
          X