Is MU gonna get a BCS bowl this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is MU gonna get a BCS bowl this year?

Sadly it looks like they're poised to do so...perhaps we'll be in a position to knock them out of it

Re: Is MU gonna get a BCS bowl this year?

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1704.msg18585#msg18585 date=1287976344]
    Sadly it looks like they're poised to do so...perhaps we'll be in a position to knock them out of it
    [/quote]

It would not surprise me if we beat MU and drop them out of a BCS bowl.

That's the kinda stuff we do to them

Comment

don't they have to go to Lincoln and to Stillwater still? And then beat (probably) OU again in Texas? Remember how many times Pinkle's teams have faded down the stretch... They will have 2-3 losses by years end.

Comment

Here is what they have left

@ Nebraska
        @ Texas Tech
        KSU
        @Iowa State
        KU

Granted, they have more away games than home games, that is a very favorable schedule. Probably looking at a rematch against OU in the Title game. But remember, if they lose to NU and then NU goes undefeated the rest of the way and MU won't go, right?

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=1704.msg18608#msg18608 date=1288012641]
          Here is what they have left

@ Nebraska
          @ Texas Tech
          KSU
          @Iowa State
          KU

Granted, they have more away games than home games, that is a very favorable schedule. Probably looking at a rematch against OU in the Title game. But remember, if they lose to NU and then NU goes undefeated the rest of the way and MU won't go, right?[/quote]

Correct. This is the scenario that seems the most likely to me. I'd put it at 60-40 in favor of NU at home. Mizzou should win the rest of their games after Nebraska. Remember, it is VERY difficult to win out. Even if they were favored 80-20 in all five games, their chance of winning out is 32.7%. I'd put them at 15.7% to win out in the regular season, and at about 40-45% of a chance of taking the North title. We're looking at about a 1 in 6 shot of them making a BCS in my book.

Who wants to play some Russian Roulette?

Comment

Working...
          X