Epic Setup/Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Setup/Scenario

"Mizzou clinches the Big 12 North, rolls to 11-0 and comes into Arrowhead Stadium against lowly Kansas ranked #1 in the country....a match with OSU looms in the Big 12 title game........and somehow, someway, Kansas pulls off the upset. Mizzou rolls OSU in the Big 12 title game and gets to goto the Fiesta as Big 12 champs....but sit at home watching the #1 Boise State vs #2 Auburn title game......knowing had they only managed to beat the worst team in the Big 12 in their last Big 12 matchup...they would be playing Boise for the title and not Auburn."

I could totally live with Mizzou finally making a BCS game if it was at the expense of us being their only loss and keeping them out of the title game.

Epic Setup/Scenario

Complete Fantasy..... But I like it.

Comment

Re: Epic Setup/Scenario

I sometimes dream of winning the lottery and what I would do with the money. This scenario fits into that dream category very nice.

Comment

If I won the lottery, I'd buy out TG's contract.

Comment

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=1696.msg18432#msg18432 date=1287904869]
          "Mizzou clinches the Big 12 North, rolls to 11-0 and comes into Arrowhead Stadium against lowly Kansas ranked #1 in the country....a match with OSU looms in the Big 12 title game........and somehow, someway, Kansas pulls off the upset. Mizzou rolls OSU in the Big 12 title game and gets to goto the Fiesta as Big 12 champs....but sit at home watching the #1 Boise State vs #2 Auburn title game......knowing had they only managed to beat the worst team in the Big 12 in their last Big 12 matchup...they would be playing Boise for the title and not Auburn."

I could totally live with Mizzou finally making a BCS game if it was at the expense of us being their only loss and keeping them out of the title game.
          [/quote]

If Auburn is getting into the NC, Mizzou won't be ahead of them in rankings. Mizzou may however, pass Oregon in the rankings.

Comment

In my world MU rolls into arrowhead undefeated and gets upset by us. Then they lose big to OU in the Big12 Championship. With 2 losses MU gets misses out on a BCS bowl to a one loss Nebraska (their one loss being to MU). After the announcement the MO Governor calls for an investigation into the BCS and the Big10 because in his mind MU is clearly the better team.

Comment

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=1696.msg18591#msg18591 date=1287980017]
              In my world MU rolls into arrowhead undefeated and gets upset by us. Then they lose big to OU in the Big12 Championship. With 2 losses MU gets misses out on a BCS bowl to a one loss Nebraska (their one loss being to MU). After the announcement the MO Governor calls for an investigation into the BCS and the Big10 because in his mind MU is clearly the better team.
              [/quote]

NU is going to have their Texas loss erased?

Comment

A two loss Nebraska would be picked for a BCS bowl over a two loss Mizzou. No one is going to deny the Nebraska fan base, even if Mizzou beat them in the regular season.

Comment

We've looked at this season all wrong, from Turner's First Press Conference:

"Here are our top priorities: recruit, beat Missouri, recruit, win the North, recruit, win the Big 12, and in most cases if you win the Big 12 then you're playing for a National Championship. And then we're going to recruit.

He's just focusing on Missouri. They better watch out!

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=1696.msg18691#msg18691 date=1288035472]

"Here are our top priorities: recruit, beat Missouri, recruit, win the North, recruit, win the Big 12, and in most cases if you win the Big 12 then you're playing for a National Championship. And then we're going to recruit.

[/quote]

Damn if he has said that week one, I'd still be on his bandwagon!

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=1696.msg18853#msg18853 date=1288058617]
                      [quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=1696.msg18691#msg18691 date=1288035472]

[/quote]

Damn if he has said that week one, I'd still be on his bandwagon!
                      [/quote]

Just a short memory.

Comment

TG forgot the first step to his plan:

implode

Comment

Working...
                        X