I may stand all alone on this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may stand all alone on this one...

But I was ok with this last game. I said in the aTm Prep thread that all I was looking for was some improvement from last game. The first half we showed more poise than the last two weeks. We executed MUCH better then we have been. The offense was able to gain some identity, and make some plays. Defense made some big stops when they needed to.

Look, I knew we were going to get blown out, so winning was never an option. The second half we were gassed, and started to lose focus. I realize all of that. I am just saying we played better then the week before. That is all I ask of Gill and this team right now. Regular improvement from the week before.

I still don't think he will pan out. But he hit my benchmark for this game.

Re: I may stand all alone on this one...

having low or no expectation means you're never disappointed. Good for you.

159-24

Comment

Lost by 48
      Lost by 52
      Lost by 35

19 First Downs
      20 First Downs
      22 First Downs

2.7 Avg Rush
      2.9 Avg Rush
      4.4 Avg Rush

100 Yrds Penalty
      76 Yrds Penalty
      56 Yrds Penalty

It is easy to lump the last 3 games together. But you cannot deny that we played better football today then we did the last 2 weeks. We didn't make as many stupid mistakes. We executed at the line better, we ran the ball better, and did with a QB for only 3 quarters. I am not "happy" but I give the team credit for making progress.

Comment

To Wave: You're a fracking MORAN. You can hide in chat all you want, and make all the incorrect statements you want. Wish you had the balls to post them here.

Comment

This team still looks woefully unprepared and out-coached every week. The numbers may get a little better, but we still commit stupid penalties and miss blocking assignments and tackles on a regular basis.

Our special teams play is just a nightmare, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Comment

[quote author=pieces of eight link=topic=1695.msg18423#msg18423 date=1287895628]
            This team still looks woefully unprepared and out-coached every week. The numbers may get a little better, but we still commit stupid penalties and miss blocking assignments and tackles on a regular basis.

Our special teams play is just a nightmare, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
            [/quote]

I agree we suck. My benchmark for success in this game is simply improvement. We did that. Have a VERY long way to go still.

Comment

Agreed on all counts.

I saw drives and flashes of excellence out of our offense....except for a couple mistakes from our redshirt FRESHMAN quarterback, we were able to move the ball pretty well.

The defense is going to need some work but a healthy and improved line should be a boost next year.

Comment

Webb was still running for his life all game. I wouldn't say the offensive line improved at all. The only difference is Webb was tired of getting hit in the pocket so he just tucked and ran after 2 seconds til his pocket broke down. Our only 2 scoring drives were off of penalties on A&M and Webb scrambling. We also had a drive where he turned it over in the red zone.

The offensive and defensive lines are just flat out awful and had 0 improvement. Laptad was overpursuing and looked like he ran a 8 second forty and Opurum looked a bit lost at times.

We moved the ball slightly better and Beshears still looks like a great player, but Webb won't last another 2 games if he keeps running the ball like today. He was getting blasted.

Comment

The lines are defiantly terrible...our o line has never really been that good plus with all the injuries the talent level has taken a beating.

Comment

we lost by nearly 40 points to the only team sharing the Big 12 cellar with us

that's fucking joyous

Comment

The players still showed me they cared. Thats all I wanted to see.

As for the coaches, well...They didn't show me much.

Comment

I may stand all alone on this one...

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=1695.msg18430#msg18430 date=1287903024]

that's fucking joyous
                        [/quote]

Yeh we suck. You're posting nuggets of gold there! Listen, I am not joyous over the game. In the aTm prep game I gave a list of things I was looking for. For a crappy crappy football team with a crappy coach who I don't believe in yet, we showed improvement in a few areas, albeit small improvement.

We didn't kill ourselves with penalties. We took advantage of aTm penalties. Our offense was "better" at moving the ball. For all of you bitching that our offense was simply Webb scrambling, my only response is this, there are plenty of teams who do the same yet because they win their applauded for it (Reesing is an example).

To clarify for all those who just love making blanket statements and dumping on the team (EDF style). WE SUCK AS A FOOTBALL TEAM, yet this week we were better than last week.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=1695.msg18434#msg18434 date=1287922557]
                          [quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=1695.msg18430#msg18430 date=1287903024]

that's fucking joyous
                          [/quote]

Yeh we suck. You're posting nuggets of gold there! Listen, I am not joyous over the game. In the aTm prep game I gave a list of things I was looking for. For a crappy crappy football team with a crappy coach who I don't believe in yet, we showed improvement in a few areas, albeit small improvement.

We didn't kill ourselves with penalties. We took advantage of aTm penalties. Our offense was "better" at moving the ball. For all of you bitching that our offense was simply Webb scrambling, my only response is this, there are plenty of teams who do the same yet because they win their applauded for it (Reesing is an example).

To clarify for all those who just love making blanket statements and dumping on the team (EDF style). WE SUCK AS A FOOTBALL TEAM, yet this week we were better than last week.
                          [/quote]

I'm sorry, but this team has not improved. We might have had less penalties, but they were killers. The roughing the passer penalty cost us from stopping them when were were down 10-17. That was as bad as a turnover. A&M scores on that drive to make it 10-24. We then turn the ball over in the redzone when we were moving the ball. Instead of 17-24, A&M goes down and scores to make it 10-31.

We lost to a bad team that is sloppy, poorly coached, and will probably be lucky to win another game this year. They beat us by 5 touchdowns. We are 7 games into the season and the best game we have played was in week 2. We might be the worst BCS team in the country.

Comment

I still believe the team doesn't care. If you watched after the three and outs, they would just unsnap their helmets and walk to the sideline, showing no emotion. I just think TG's lost the team.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=1695.msg18442#msg18442 date=1287928982]
                              I still believe the team doesn't care. If you watched after the three and outs, they would just unsnap their helmets and walk to the sideline, showing no emotion. I just think TG's lost the team.
                              [/quote]

I don't know if he has ever had them. Vorsk and I were talking after about Gill on the sidelines. He doesn't engage his coaches or players. He stands 10-15 yards away from the play (which prevents him from getting into the ear of the refs). He is just a spectator on the sidelines.

Comment

Working...
                              X