The worst thing that happened to me as a fan this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst thing that happened to me as a fan this year

was winning the Georgia Tech game. If we'd have been blown out like everyone was predicting the the last two games would not have been so crushing to me. It gave me a false sense of hope and the expectation that we could hang close to other teams. It also gave me a slight inkling that the coaching staff knew what they were doing.

At this rate, I fully expect come close to allowing other teams to set near records against us for margin of victory, yardage, yards allowed, etc.

Did Ga Tech lead anyone else to greater expectations for the season?

What I am saying is I just wanted to be competitive and expected to be competitive. Like I said before, 4 wins were what I expected, nothing great. I did not expect to lose to KSU and Baylor by a combined 100 points.

The other question is, how the hell did we win that game. K-State fully undressed us with a similar game plan. Split the runs between the QB and RB, and throw about 15-17 times. I guess K-State did a better job of stretching us out across the field rather than vertically with those short flare routes to the WRs.

Re: The worst thing that happened to me as a fan this year

It was pretty easy to see what K-State was going to do early in the game. They were running Thomas and carrying out the fake by Coffman the entire first quarter. No one paid a bit of attention to Coffman. Biff simply had Coffman keep and that was the game. We lost our confidence and pissed down our leg. It was over.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=1609.msg17420#msg17420 date=1287430457]
      was winning the Georgia Tech game. If we'd have been blown out like everyone was predicting the the last two games would not have been so crushing to me. It gave me a false sense of hope and the expectation that we could hang close to other teams. It also gave me a slight inkling that the coaching staff knew what they were doing.

At this rate, I fully expect come close to allowing other teams to set near records against us for margin of victory, yardage, yards allowed, etc.

Did Ga Tech lead anyone else to greater expectations for the season?

What I am saying is I just wanted to be competitive and expected to be competitive. Like I said before, 4 wins were what I expected, nothing great. I did not expect to lose to KSU and Baylor by a combined 100 points.

The other question is, how the hell did we win that game. K-State fully undressed us with a similar game plan. Split the runs between the QB and RB, and throw about 15-17 times. I guess K-State did a better job of stretching us out across the field rather than vertically with those short flare routes to the WRs.
      [/quote]
      K-State's gameplan was quite different than G-Tech's. They run a much more finesse style of offense.

Comment

Carson coffmans passes were 97% complete. Nesbitts were the opposite.

If gt could have thrown it at least 50%, there would have been the beatdown we're used to.

Comment

[quote author=blackPHOGmoan link=topic=1609.msg17469#msg17469 date=1287488813]
          Carson coffmans passes were 97% complete. Nesbitts were the opposite.

If gt could have thrown it at least 50%, there would have been the beatdown we're used to.
          [/quote]

Nesbitt was 5-15. If he completed 10 we'd probably only have 1 win. They could have bubble screened us to death. That pass to the RB they threw in the flat went for 40 yards. Imagine that x 5.

Comment

[quote author=Chingon link=topic=1609.msg17444#msg17444 date=1287448611]
            K-State's gameplan was quite different than G-Tech's. They run a much more finesse style of offense.
            [/quote]

Pretty sure they used the same "Wait for KU to piss on itself, and then make them look like complete asshats" gameplan. GT just didn't execute it as well.

Comment

Working...
            X