• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Impact Freshman 2010/2011

Photo/Article Link

Selby is #5? :crazy

Re: Top Impact Freshman 2010/2011

I personally think Sullinger is over-rated, especially at #3 on this list. Not sure how you have Brandon Knight at #9 and Perry Jones at #10, they should be higher IMO. Then they have Kanter at #4, not sure how that guy is going to ever be allowed to play in the NCAA.

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=1605.msg17387#msg17387 date=1287418373]
      I personally think Sullinger is over-rated, especially at #3 on this list. Not sure how you have Brandon Knight at #9 and Perry Jones at #10, they should be higher IMO. Then they have Kanter at #4, not sure how that guy is going to ever be allowed to play in the NCAA.
      [/quote]

Those who live in glass houses...

Comment

I know we aren't sure what's going to happen. But, we don't really know anything about Selby's situation. There hasn't been any info leaked on it. There are reports on Kanter that his team in Europe is openly admitting that they gave him $100,000+. I think that will be hard to overcome, even for Calipari.

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=1605.msg17422#msg17422 date=1287430985]
          I know we aren't sure what's going to happen. But, we don't really know anything about Selby's situation. There hasn't been any info leaked on it. There are reports on Kanter that his team in Europe is openly admitting that they gave him $100,000+. I think that will be hard to overcome, even for Calipari.
          [/quote]

"Is that American $? I heard thats measure in Lithuanian $'s which is like being handed a piece of Double Bubble. Hardly hurting his amateur status." - PayPalCal

Comment

[/quote]

Of course they're openly admitting to giving him $100,000+. They'll do whatever they can to try to keep Enes from being eligible to play college ball. That way he'll return and play for another Euro team this season, and his crooked former club will reap a financial windfall as a result. Also, it would set a precedent that would help to keep elite Euro prospects at home rather than jumping to the USA to play for a year or two before entering the NBA draft.

Kanter's family is rather well off financially (therefore they weren't concerned with Enes getting paid on par with other players), and they've kept detailed records of the money Enes recieved so as to not jeopardize his amateur status. Pete Thameltoe reported that Fenerbahce (sp?), the team Kanter played for in Turkey, has given documentation to the NCAA verifying their stance that Kanter was paid a salary, yet the NCAA still hasn't made a ruling. Hmmmm....if someone is given proof that an incident occurred, wouldn't they likely go ahead rule on the incident? Pastries for consideration.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=1605.msg17652#msg17652 date=1287580754]
              [/quote]

Of course they're openly admitting to giving him $100,000+. They'll do whatever they can to try to keep Enes from being eligible to play college ball. That way he'll return and play for another Euro team this season, and his crooked former club will reap a financial windfall as a result. Also, it would set a precedent that would help to keep elite Euro prospects at home rather than jumping to the USA to play for a year or two before entering the NBA draft.

Kanter's family is rather well off financially (therefore they weren't concerned with Enes getting paid on par with other players), and they've kept detailed records of the money Enes recieved so as to not jeopardize his amateur status. Pete Thameltoe reported that Fenerbahce (sp?), the team Kanter played for in Turkey, has given documentation to the NCAA verifying their stance that Kanter was paid a salary, yet the NCAA still hasn't made a ruling. Hmmmm....if someone is given proof that an incident occurred, wouldn't they likely go ahead rule on the incident? Pastries for consideration.
              [/quote]

:blah:

We need a tinfoil hat emoticon.

Comment

[/quote]

[/quote]

NCAA takes forever on everything...look at the Reggie Bush case

don't be a moron Deere

Comment

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the NCAA we're talking about. The master of procrastination. They probably haven't even gotten around to looking at the documentation yet.

Comment

Comment

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=1605.msg17678#msg17678 date=1287583673]
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

NCAA takes forever on everything...look at the Reggie Bush case

don't be a moron Deere
                      [/quote]

I understand they take their sweet ass time on EVERYTHING, just sayin'.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1605.msg17654#msg17654 date=1287580986]
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where's the :blah:??? That post was nothing but fact.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=1605.msg17728#msg17728 date=1287596952]
                          [quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1605.msg17654#msg17654 date=1287580986]
                          [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sure there's a motive for the team to say they've paid Kanter, but you're attributing the NCAA's delay in the ruling to the idea that they fudged the numbers. It's just as likely that Kanter or his family took the money and are trying to play it off now.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1605.msg17758#msg17758 date=1287603328]
                            [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sure there's a motive for the team to say they've paid Kanter, but you're attributing the NCAA's delay in the ruling to the idea that they fudged the numbers. It's just as likely that Kanter or his family took the money and are trying to play it off now.
                            [/quote]

Actually it's not just as likely. That's why I brought up the fact that Kanter's family is wealthy. They didn't need the money and were more concerned with protecting their son's amateur status.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=1605.msg17876#msg17876 date=1287669445]
                              [quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1605.msg17758#msg17758 date=1287603328]
                              [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually it's not just as likely. That's why I brought up the fact that Kanter's family is wealthy. They didn't need the money and were more concerned with protecting their son's amateur status.
                              [/quote]

Comment

Working...
                              X