Morningstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morningstar

Can you think of anyone with a Kansas career that was so all over the place?

He comes in (a few years older) his freshman year with Arthur and Collins. He rides the pine the first year.
    He wins a National Championship as a redshirt his sophomore year.
    He gets a ton of minutes and helps a weak team win the Big 12 and get to the elite 8.
    Last year he is the best ball handler on a team that the majority of America thinks should win the NC. He sits out the first half of the year with a DUI.
    In the off season this year, his father is implicated in a multi-million dollar ticket scandal.
    This year, he's a senior on an athletic but young team that is picked to finish 2nd in the Big 12.

What a wild ride of ups and downs.

Re: Morningstar

They should put in a morningstar roller coaster at World's of Fun

modify: free shots before and after

Comment

lol at Brady being the "best ball handler on a team the majority of America thinks should win the NC."

Brady wasn't even in the top 3 ballhandlers last year.

And he won't be this year. His minutes will go down again this year. I bet by midseason he isn't even playing meaningful minutes at all.

Comment

[quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=1550.msg16902#msg16902 date=1286998690]
        lol at Brady being the "best ball handler on a team the majority of America thinks should win the NC."

Brady wasn't even in the top 3 ballhandlers last year.

And he won't be this year. His minutes will go down again this year. I bet by midseason he isn't even playing meaningful minutes at all.
        [/quote]

Who were better ball handlers?

Comment

TYSHAWN!

Comment

Last year's stats:

In 579 minutes, Morningstar had 79 assists and 28 turnovers. A/TO = 2.82. TO/min = 0.048

In 831 minutes, Taylor had 121 assists and 61 turnovers. A/TO = 1.98. TO/min = 0.073

Comment

i was joking

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1550.msg16909#msg16909 date=1286999980]
                Last year's stats:

In 579 minutes, Morningstar had 79 assists and 28 turnovers. A/TO = 2.82. TO/min = 0.048

In 831 minutes, Taylor had 121 assists and 61 turnovers. A/TO = 1.98. TO/min = 0.073
                [/quote]

That is quite possibly the most misleading stat in a long time.

Tyshawn handled the ball far more than Brady. Thus he was obviously going to have more turnovers.

Sherron, Tyshawn, and Tyrel were/are all far better ballhandlers than Brady. And thats only the guys that played real minutes. I would probalby add X into that too.

All you need to do is watch some tape to see it. Brady pissed his pants worse handling the ball under pressure than he did shooting down the stretch. And that is quite a feat.

Comment

[quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=1550.msg16936#msg16936 date=1287010772]
                  [quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1550.msg16909#msg16909 date=1286999980]
                  Last year's stats:

[/quote]

Tyshawn handled the ball far more than Brady. Thus he was obviously going to have more turnovers.

Sherron, Tyshawn, and Tyrel were/are all far better ballhandlers than Brady. And thats only the guys that played real minutes. I would probalby add X into that too.

All you need to do is watch some tape to see it. Brady pissed his pants worse handling the ball under pressure than he did shooting down the stretch. And that is quite a feat.
                  [/quote]

Brady played comparable minutes/game to Tyshawn last year (21.4 vs. 23.1). So the idea that Tyshawn got far more touches is a bit outlandish. I could argue that Brady played against more difficult competition, seeing as he missed most of the non-con.

I think we might be speaking a different language on 'ball handler'. Who do you want with the rock when the time is winding down? Sherron. Who do you hope is out in front on a fast court break? Tyshawn. Who do you want to handle the ball when you're trying to hold onto the lead and you have possession? Morningstar.

If you look at scenarios where we need to hold onto the ball, Self generally defaults to Brady.

Comment

Randy would you want Brady ever handling the ball if he was being pressure? I don't know how many times he froze during full court pressure.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1550.msg16959#msg16959 date=1287017354]
                      [quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=1550.msg16936#msg16936 date=1287010772]
                      Last year's stats:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Brady played comparable minutes/game to Tyshawn last year (21.4 vs. 23.1). So the idea that Tyshawn got far more touches is a bit outlandish. I could argue that Brady played against more difficult competition, seeing as he missed most of the non-con.

I think we might be speaking a different language on 'ball handler'. Who do you want with the rock when the time is winding down? Sherron. Who do you hope is out in front on a fast court break? Tyshawn. Who do you want to handle the ball when you're trying to hold onto the lead and you have possession? Morningstar.

If you look at scenarios where we need to hold onto the ball, Self generally defaults to Brady.
                      [/quote]

When I, and most people, talk ball handling, it would be dribbling, bringing the ball up the court, that kind of stuff.

So yes, the idea that Tyshawn "handles the ball" a lot more than Brady is very relevant to the discussion. The fact that he brings the ball up the court against pressure is what "ball handling" is.

Who do you want bringing the ball up the court against a press at the end of a game. Brady or Tyshawn?

Comment

Morningstar

You cannot deny that Self sees a lot of value in Brady. Personally I was happy when we got him back last year. When he is on the floor the offense runs smoother. I don't think Brady is the best ball handler, however most of Brady's assists came from feeding the post (like a good guard should). Tyshawns came from fast breaks or kickouts when he dribbled into trouble.

:hamsandwich

Comment

Working...
                        X