Ryder Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryder Cup

One of the best sporting events in the world IMO. I hope we don't get our butts kicked this year. So far, we are trailing in 3 matches and leading 1.

http://www.rydercup.com/2010/usa/

Re: Ryder Cup

Absolute disaster with our rain gear...how is this not checked before traveling to Wales in October. The team has now gone out and purchased European suits and now are talking about replacing our leaking bags during this rain delay.

Sun Mountain people should be fired.

Unreal.

Comment

How in the fuck is the fucking motherfucking Ryder Cup one of the "best sporting events in the world." Seriously. I want to know what the appeal is.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=1369.msg14893#msg14893 date=1286020238]
        How in the fuck is the fucking motherfucking Ryder Cup one of the "best sporting events in the world." Seriously. I want to know what the appeal is.
        [/quote]Not sure what to tell you other than it is. And it really isn't very close.

My best guess is it has to do with taking millionaire stars who play 99% of the time and thrusting them into a team environment that often leads to spectacular results. These guys who are unflappable putting for millions of dollars with millions watching melt under the pressure of playing for team and country. This morning already alone you have seen Tiger shank one into water, chunk a chip 10 feet and leave one in the bunker. Yet he has mixed in some spectacular shots to put he and Stricker 3 up. Add to that the fact its only played every 4 years and the national pride factor. And if you begin to watch you will not be able to stop.

The time difference of it being in Whales this year is a huge negative, but I have been up all morning watching. Its been absolutely amazing.

Comment

You have got to be kidding me. "Best sporting events IN THE WORLD"? That's patently outlandish. It's balderdash, I say.

Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, World Cup, Euro Cup, NHL Finals, Olympics, Little League World Series, Midget Wrestling Finals, HOW DOES RYDER CUP RATE?

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=1369.msg14894#msg14894 date=1286024462]
            My best guess is it has to do with taking millionaire stars who play 99% of the time and thrusting them into a team environment that often leads to spectacular results. These guys who are unflappable putting for millions of dollars with millions watching melt under the pressure of playing for team and country. This morning already alone you have seen Tiger shank one into water, chunk a chip 10 feet and leave one in the bunker. Yet he has mixed in some spectacular shots to put he and Stricker 3 up. Add to that the fact its only played every 4 years and the national pride factor. And if you begin to watch you will not be able to stop.
            [/quote]

You basically just described the World Cup.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=1369.msg14995#msg14995 date=1286062059]
              [quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=1369.msg14894#msg14894 date=1286024462]
              [/quote]

You basically just described the World Cup.
              [/quote]
              The only thing the Ryder Cup has in common with the world cup is you play for country. Unless I am unaware of 1 on 1 soccer league. I was saying these are guys who have lived their entire lives excelling as being all for themselves and 1 against the world and you thrust them into a team atmosphere. Perfect case is tiger woods. Even in his dominant stage he was a bad Ryder Cup player. Why? Because Tiger is and always has been about Tiger. Guys like Hal Sutton, Steve Stricker and Justin Leonard were twice the Ryder Cup player.

The only events listed above I will watch over the Ryder Cup is NCAA basketball tournament and any even KU is playing in.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=1369.msg14973#msg14973 date=1286057154]
                You have got to be kidding me. "Best sporting events IN THE WORLD"? That's patently outlandish. It's balderdash, I say.

Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, World Cup, Euro Cup, NHL Finals, Olympics, Little League World Series, Midget Wrestling Finals, HOW DOES RYDER CUP RATE?
                [/quote]

Nobody in Europe gives a crap about the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, NHL finals or the Little League world Series.
                The Golf fans on 2 continents give a crap about the Ryder Cup.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=1369.msg14973#msg14973 date=1286057154]

[/quote]

1. March Madness

2. Ryder Cup

3. Olympics

4. World Cup

5. Super Bowl

6. World Series

7. NBA Finals

8. College football bowl season

Everything else is dog shit.

Comment

Working...