Husker Fans opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husker Fans opinions

While I find you guys tolerable in person, your internet personas are horribly annoying.

That said...

What do you think your guys' chances are at the Big 12 crown this year?

At this point I'd say you're the favorite, but there's a lot of football left to be played. Are you cocky and saying you have the best shot, optimistic but humble, or remembering last year's loss and still living it?

Re: Husker Fans opinions

Although the Huskers didn't exactly look good last weekend, neither did OU or Texas (duh) so I still think the conference is Nebraska's to lose.

I almost puked writing that...

Comment

I think the Huskers have a chance to win the conference this year only because they now have an offense that can score some points. That being said, our rush defense this year scares me. We have given up way too many yards so far. Havin the best pass defense in the country could help with this issue. The next 3 weeks will tell alot.

Comment

you don't drink enough red kool-aid to be a husker...

I'm too used to nuskers, blackshirts13, and emusdad

Comment

[quote author=TiptonHusker link=topic=1311.msg13983#msg13983 date=1285638105]
          I think the Huskers have a chance to win the conference this year only because they now have an offense that can score some points. That being said, our rush defense this year scares me. We have given up way too many yards so far. Havin the best pass defense in the country could help with this issue. The next 3 weeks will tell alot.
          [/quote]

You must not live IN Nebraska..... too rational! But thanks for the input.

Comment

I actually don't live in Nebraska right now. Moved away 17 years ago but still bleed red. Live in Iowa, just 35 miles from Iowa City. Will miss the old members of the Big 8, but can't wait for the Big Ten next year. These Hawkeye fans are worse than any Husker fan and they've never won anything.

Comment

I can give a big 10-4 on the Hawkeye fans. The way they talk, you'd think they've been the best team in the history of the Big 10.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=1311.msg13997#msg13997 date=1285640579]
                I can give a big 10-4 on the Hawkeye fans. The way they talk, you'd think they've been the best team in the history of the Big 10.
                [/quote]

I have lived with that for 17 years and NU has only played them twice in that time span and whipped them both times. Now we have a chance to do it yearly and keep them quiet.

Comment

[quote author=TiptonHusker link=topic=1311.msg13989#msg13989 date=1285638893]
                  I actually don't live in Nebraska right now. Moved away 17 years ago but still bleed red. Live in Iowa, just 35 miles from Iowa City. Will miss the old members of the Big 8, but can't wait for the Big Ten next year. These Hawkeye fans are worse than any Husker fan and they've never won anything.
                  [/quote]

:crazy

Comment

Not that this thread needs to turn into a Nebraska bashing... but BUH BAI! Have fun getting stomped next year. You guys looked like crap Saturday. Turner Gill isn't walking through that door!

Comment

[quote author=Scotch McAngus link=topic=1311.msg14010#msg14010 date=1285642031]
                      Not that this thread needs to turn into a Nebraska bashing... but BUH BAI! Have fun getting stomped next year. You guys looked like crap Saturday. Turner Gill isn't walking through that door!
                      [/quote]

You may be right:

Wisconsin
                      Ohio State
                      Penn State
                      Michigan
                      Iowa

Not a bad schedule if you are looking for tough games.

We won't need Turner Gill when we have a player that will be as good as Eric Crouch but actually a beter passer.

Comment

[quote author=TiptonHusker link=topic=1311.msg14012#msg14012 date=1285642392]

We won't need Turner Gill when we have a player that will be as good as Eric Crouch but actually a beter passer.
                        [/quote]

So in what universe does 6/14 with 2 INT's = Better than a Heisman Trophy Winner?

Comment

[quote author=Scotch McAngus link=topic=1311.msg14015#msg14015 date=1285644431]
                          [quote author=TiptonHusker link=topic=1311.msg14012#msg14012 date=1285642392]

[/quote]

So in what universe does 6/14 with 2 INT's = Better than a Heisman Trophy Winner?
                          [/quote]

That was one game, and he is a freshman. Crouch didn't win his Heisman as a freshman. Look at the other three games he has played as well as the next 9. Passing isn't his strong point, but then passing didn't win Crouch the Heisman either.

Comment

[quote author=TiptonHusker link=topic=1311.msg14034#msg14034 date=1285674298]
                            That was one game, and he is a freshman. Crouch didn't win his Heisman as a freshman. Look at the other three games he has played as well as the next 9. Passing isn't his strong point, but then passing didn't win Crouch the Heisman either.
                            [/quote]

FINALLY you are showing your KoolAid!!!
                            Taylor Martinez is 24/42 with 3 INTs and only 2 TDs! He has a passer rating of 77.08. Crouch's Heisman year he had a passer rating of 94.01!

Now I am not being fair. They both are white, roughly 6 foot and weigh right around 205 lbs. Up in Nebraska I bet they look like twins, along with the rest of the male population. Come on Tipton, you can come stronger than this!

Comment

[quote author=Scotch McAngus link=topic=1311.msg14038#msg14038 date=1285680691]
                              [quote author=TiptonHusker link=topic=1311.msg14034#msg14034 date=1285674298]
                              [/quote]

FINALLY you are showing your KoolAid!!!
                              Taylor Martinez is 24/42 with 3 INTs and only 2 TDs! He has a passer rating of 77.08. Crouch's Heisman year he had a passer rating of 94.01!

Now I am not being fair. They both are white, roughly 6 foot and weigh right around 205 lbs. Up in Nebraska I bet they look like twins, along with the rest of the male population. Come on Tipton, you can come stronger than this!
                              [/quote]

You are correct about Crouch's passing ratine in his Heisman year, but you do realize that that wss his senior year don't you? Martinez is a freshman and will not have as good of a pass rating, but will have tremendous rushing stats. He is currently the 10th best rusher in the country. His pass rating will continue to go up and he will be a better passer than Crouch in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X