BEST College football coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST College football coach

Who you got running your program if you get to pick ANYONE?

this one's tough for me...health issues and all the drama aside, I'd take Urban Meyer...he's shown his abilities at multiple levels....and I mean, his work with Florida is tough to deny

Re: BEST College football coach

Seems like urban meyer and nick saban are the kobe and Lebron of college coaching.

With the second tier of melo, amare, dwight howard type players being bob stoops, Mack brown, etc

Comment

Meyer and Saban were 1a and 1b before I even opened the thread.

Chris Petersen deserves some props for what he's done at Boise.

Comment

Saban. He's done it at two different schools.

Comment

Re: Re: BEST College football coach

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=1250.msg13333#msg13333 date=1285266160]
          Saban. He's done it at two different schools.
          [/quote]

So has Meyer to an extent.

Comment

Are we talking current or ever?

Ever: Bo Schembechler.

Current: In the interest of being different, I'll say Jim Tressel. Gotta respect the sweater vest.

Comment

If I had to pick a current coach, it would be Urban Meyer, its not even close.

Saban knows what he is doing, but I don't really like him that much.

Comment

yeah, Saban's a snake...I don't really respect him after all the crap he pulled with LSU, Dolphins, and Bama

Comment

Tressel? I just remember them losing to Florida, LSU, and UT in big games...

Comment

Probably Saban then Meyer. Chris Petersen is damn good, but you can only do so much at Boise State.

Comment

No Love for Gill? Mangino? Really? I thought this was a KU Homer board!

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=1250.msg13377#msg13377 date=1285271882]
                        [/quote]

Tressel has the record he has because he's at tOSU. He's not great at X's and O's lately, but he has the talent to overcome that.

Comment

[quote author=pieces of eight link=topic=1250.msg13529#msg13529 date=1285339050]
                          [quote author=KVN638 link=topic=1250.msg13377#msg13377 date=1285271882]
                          [/quote]

Tressel has the record he has because he's at tOSU. He's not great at X's and O's lately, but he has the talent to overcome that.
                          [/quote]

Stoops is the same way. He hasn't really won a big game in years. His university just recruits itself.

As for this being a homer board, Scotch, Wave hasn't posted in the thread to add Mangino. ;)

Comment

Stoops and Tressel have both won championships with leftovers from a previous coach. Not to say that Meyer and Saban haven't done the same, but both of those guys have won 2 championships. 5 years from now it could be the same for those two.

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Comment

Working...
                              X