Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little League World Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Little League World Series

    Does anybody ever watch this or am I the only sucker?

    This year I have a greater interest than usual. The league my boys play in is still alive. They are about to come on ESPN2 (the current game is running over so we are watching our game on ESPN3). Two of the kids on Sam's team have older brothers on this team. We are watching one of them pitch right now. Sam is beside himself watching his buddy's brother pitch on ESPN (even though the poor kid just walked a guy with the bases loaded). Go North Bothell!

  • #2
    ping







    ping








    ping






    Comment


    • #3
      The fact that ESPN preempted the USA Mexico game for a FUCKING REGIONAL SEMIFINAL means I could not care less.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sherlock View Post
        The fact that ESPN preempted the USA Mexico game for a FUCKING REGIONAL SEMIFINAL means I could not care less.
        it was a freaking blowout too. good thing I was watching a stream

        Comment


        • #5
          I can't believe I am sad about this game. That little pitcher helped Sam this year. He doesn't deserve to lose!!!! waahhhh!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            It's not baseball. It's fucking garbage. 12 years old and you can't lead off? And they throw from some absurdly short distance. That's why those guys are throwing '90+ mph'.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't mean to be a dick BBSB, but I totally agree with z5. The league they show on ESPN is absolutely shit. There is WAY better baseball played out there than these kids they put on national tv, and it's sad to me.

              For instance, there are no lead-offs, the mound is so close, the field is tiny. When I was 12, my team took 3rd at the little league world series that is ran by the NBC (National Baseball Congress). The team that won it (Georgia), played the winner of the one on television and run-ruled them in 3 innings 21-3.

              I have no idea why they have made this crappy league the one that they put on television.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                I don't mean to be a dick BBSB, but I totally agree with z5. The league they show on ESPN is absolutely shit. There is WAY better baseball played out there than these kids they put on national tv, and it's sad to me.

                For instance, there are no lead-offs, the mound is so close, the field is tiny. When I was 12, my team took 3rd at the little league world series that is ran by the NBC (National Baseball Congress). The team that won it (Georgia), played the winner of the one on television and run-ruled them in 3 innings 21-3.

                I have no idea why they have made this crappy league the one that they put on television.
                These kids are 12 years old. That's less than 2 years (basically just their 13 year old summer) from being in high school. That close to high school and they're essentially playing like 10 year olds. That's crazy to me.


                NBC baseball is actually pretty damn good. The Sluggers almost always win the 18U world series, and qualify for the World Series.

                Comment


                • #9
                  For WSDB, now you can see what I was talking about 4 years ago. It's absolute dogshit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                    For WSDB, now you can see what I was talking about 4 years ago. It's absolute dogshit.

                    Yes, Yes, it is!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X