Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning on going to the Super Bowl(tm) in Miami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning on going to the Super Bowl(tm) in Miami?

It's gonna cost you. Average price of a ticket is just south of $10k

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...ondary-market/

I think all these sites publish average list price instead of average sale price. Still a pricey ticket but I bet it’s more like half that much.

There was a point in my life where I was a big enough fan to shell out for it, but even then I wouldn’t have because I’ve heard the atmosphere is so stale.

Also the part of my life where I cared enough to shell out for it lines up pretty much exactly with the part of my life where I totally couldn’t afford to.
    Last edited by LARPHawk; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

I agree with LARP. This matchup is literally the ONLY one that held even the possibility of getting me to think about traveling for the Super Bowl, and that thought lasted about 30 seconds. The Super Bowl was here 2 years ago, and while I went down and participated in many of the free outdoor events/exhibits leading up to the game, the Broncos vs. Carolina did not hold enough interest for me to even think about buying a ticket to the game.

tl;dr About the only way I would spend that kind of money to buy a ticket would be if this matchup was either at Levis Stadium, Arrowhead (never gonna happen), or maybe at the yet to be completed stadium in L.A., but beyond that, hard pass.

Comment

Honestly, watching on a big TV in the comfort of a home stocked with booze and other goodies beats the hell out of attending in person just to say you were there. In 20 years, no one will be able to prove you're lying...

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
          Honestly, watching on a big TV in the comfort of a home stocked with booze and other goodies beats the hell out of attending in person just to say you were there. In 20 years, no one will be able to prove you're lying...
          Yeah, this. I get the sense that it’s a lot like going to the Final Four with all the corporate stuff and sterile atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
          X