Bad couple of days for Houston Sports teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad couple of days for Houston Sports teams

First the Texans provide an historic collapse and now the Astros are punched in the gut by MLB

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...ft-picks-lost/

Even the cheating and collapses are bigger in Texas.

Comment

Comment

If this happened during their World Series year, those cheating fuckers should forfeit the title.

Comment

My takes:

1. If I owned a team and were told that I could cheat my way to a World Series but my manager and GM would have to be fired, I'd lose my first and second round picks over the next two drafts and I'd have to pay a $5M fine, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.
          2. In the report, the now-former manager said that the only attempts he made to stop the scheme were when he broke two monitors that the players were using. Never so much as a "hey, knock it off." ETA: Point here is something's missing.
          3. In the now-former GM's statement, he claims responsibility but maintains that he had no idea what was going on, which is a) total BS, as the Astros' ascent was due in large part to exploiting every efficiency they could find, and b) right out of the college basketball coaches' handbook.
          Last edited by NoPantsChico; 01-14-20, 11:52 AM.

Comment

My take: there are a lot of teams shitting their pants right now, hoping like hell they don't get busted for this.

Comment

To be honest with you banging a garbage can lid is a pretty stupid way to go about tipping off a pitch. Makes it kind of obvious to all what is going on. They deserve to get hammered just for their stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                My take: there are a lot of teams shitting their pants right now, hoping like hell they don't get busted for this.
                Well, managers and GM's are. The fact that no players were suspended doesn't do much to discourage this from happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
                  To be honest with you banging a garbage can lid is a pretty stupid way to go about tipping off a pitch. Makes it kind of obvious to all what is going on. They deserve to get hammered just for their stupidity.
                  Well. These are baseball players we're talking about. They can't be too subtle.

Comment

^^ Why not give them a buzzer in their pockets. One buzz for a slider, two for an off speed. The bang the lid method was bound to get caught.

Comment

Dominoes keep falling. First it was Cora being let go as manager of the Red Sox and Carlos Beltran is out as manager of the Mets.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...aling-scandal/

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
                        ^^ Why not give them a buzzer in their pockets. One buzz for a slider, two for an off speed. The bang the lid method was bound to get caught.
                        Lol, nice.
                        MLB rumors: Astros’ Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman wore ‘devices that buzzed’ as part of sign-stealing scandal, report says - nj.com

Comment

Damn, hope it's not true as Altuve is one of my favorites. But we already know the team as a whole was cheating. This sucks.

Comment

Anyone that took part in this should be Pete Rosed.

Comment

82481823_2657032634580954_34932223148818432_o.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X