David Glass Selling The Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Glass Selling The Royals

...Reportedly to energy executive and Cleveland Indians minority owner John Sherman (he would have to divest, obvs.). Not official yet but seems like a formality.

My cursory research shows that Sherman is a KC native and former Royals season ticket holder and is very philanthropically involved in the area, which bodes well for keeping the team in town, not that I was ever truly concerned. THOUGHTS?
    Last edited by NoPantsChico; 08-28-19, 05:49 PM.

Will probably move them to Las Vegas. Seems trendy lately.

Comment

I think it's a good thing. Never say never, but I don't think a local guy would move the team, but this probably turns up the temperature on a downtown stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
        Will probably move them to Las Vegas. Seems trendy lately.
        My Raiders and Royals baby is coming together

Comment

We should buy them. Gard is rich, he can front us the cash.

Comment

I guess Glass is having some health issues. I'm glad he's selling before he gets worse and we don't end up in the situation we had when Kauffman died.

Comment

If the proposed selling price of just over $1 billion is accurate, David Glass made a nice little profit after buying the Royals for $96 million back in 2000. Interesting that none in his family wanted to continue the ownership. John Sherman is a KC native and Royals fan. That can only be a good thing for the franchise during this re-build and could speed things up. Wouldn't be surprised if he cleaned house prior to next season (after the league votes in November), meaning buh bye to Ned Yost and Dayton Moore.

Comment

I suspect Dan Glass wanted to own the team, or at least wouldn’t have turned it down, but he used to meddle A LOT and from what I understand didn’t command respect by anyone within the organization or around the game. So I’m not that surprised that ownership wasn’t passed along to him.

Comment

TFW you wait until after you buy the team to learn the bullpen ERA.

Owners_Meeting_Baseball2.JPG.jpg

Comment

Anyone wanna buy David Glass's Brush Creek house? Only $3.85M!

Comment

That'll get you a nice 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath built in 1970 where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

That'll get you a nice 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath built in 1970 where I live.
                        That will get you kidnapped and held for ransom where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

That will get you kidnapped and held for ransom where I live.
                          How many times do I have to tell you this, if you have a safe word then technically it's not "kidnapping."

Comment

Working...
                          X