World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup 2018

Hoping to get some World Cup discussion going; only caught the last 40 minutes of Russia v. Saudi Arabia . . . decisive win for the hosts.

Couple of really good matches tomorrow -- Spain v. Portugal is the headliner, but I'm really wanting to see Egypt v. Uruguay -- Salah supposed to be fit to play and Uruguay has great attacking players.

I heard there was an own goal...iran didn't take a shot in the second half and won, I'm told

Comment

Uruguay is very good and played well. Egypt surprised me. Spain/Portugal is a barn burner.

Comment

Holy Shit, Ronaldo. Hat trick! Mr. Clutch indeed. Heckuva match!

Comment

My talkative coworker pulled me away around 80'. I was floored when I came back and saw that game ended in a draw. And angry. Who works on a Friday?

Ronaldo is a freak.

Comment

Comment

Spain fully deserved to win . . . but I dislike a lot of their players, so ho well. Felt like the US/Portugal match in 2016, though not as one-sided -- we had the match won, and then Ronaldo made us pay.

Some really good matches the first few days. Wish Salah would have played the last 20 minutes or so in Egypt's match; Iceland vs. Argentina was a good match; didn't get to see France this morning, unfortunately.

Comment

I'm not sure how you could have asked for a better start to the tournament. Dramatic late winners, the marquee match was great and most importantly - Iceland got a tie and gained a point.

Comment

So far the World Cup is doing a great job of reminding me why I fell in love with it in the first place. It's off to an epic start already.

Comment

Tricolores!!!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Belgium play, and seeing what England has to offer this time around.

Comment

Landon Donovan is dead to me now.

https://twitter.com/landondonovan/st...73608050704384

Comment

• KUGDI
                          KUGDI commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Never. Or at least not until they start acting like partners and not subversive asshats.

• Joe Norris
                          Joe Norris commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Twitter blocked at work...anyone care to paste text?

• KUGDI
                          KUGDI commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Landy-cakes says that since the US isn’t in the World Cup we need to support Mexico. And posed with a “My second team is Mexico” scarf.
                          Last edited by KUGDI; 06-18-18, 01:47 PM.

Belgium is good, like really good. They have quality players at every position; is this their breakout tournament?

I would like to see a team like Belgium -- not one of the favorite elite teams (Germany, Brazil, Spain, France, Argentina) -- do really well this WC.

Comment

England survives yesterday . . . now every English supporter is convinced this is their year. Didn't see the red card yet in Columbia vs. Japan, and only caught a little bit of that match. Senegal vs. Poland coming up, which on paper may not sound terribly exciting, but each team has an exciting player (Lewandowski and Mane).

Hoping to see Mo Salah play today.

Comment

Did Landon catch flack from the media for him comments/scarf?

Honestly, I wish I could get motivated to care about the cup, but I don't know soccer well enough to root for anyone not named USA

Comment

• KUGDI
                              KUGDI commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I can’t speak to the media, but Twitter-verse sure lit him up.

• OnePoundSterling
                              OnePoundSterling commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Carlos Bocanegra - former USA teammate of Donovan - responded to Donovan's tweet supporting Mexico with one word ("Really?"). Donovan responds with a rant that Bocangre is denying his Mexican heritage, calling him narrow-minded, latently endorsing mistreatment of Mexican-Americans, etc. . . . amazing he could deduce all that from a one word tweet. Donovan is acting like a horse's ass.

• Joe Norris
                              Joe Norris commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I thought he had some faux pas last time around too...maybe it was cause he didn't make the cut or something, I just remember him being made fun of for SOMETHING
                          Working...
                          X