No announcement yet.

Royals 2018 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well opening day is tomorrow. Not a ton of buzz this year, but makes sense given what the roster is this year. I am going, so very excite about that, but the weather will blow.

I will say the Royals go 74-88. One of Duffy or Whit is unloaded at the deadline (along with Jay, Duda, et. al.) I really don't want a repeat of last year where we hang around and don't unload guys for prospects... I don't think we will make that mistake.

As for the rest of the league, this looks to be one of the least intriguing seasons in recent memory. But the postseason should be a fucking blast.

Divisions:
    Yanks
    Racists
    Astros

Nats
    Cubs
    Dodgers

WC:
    Red Sox
    Halos
    Cards
    D'backs

Gonna buck recent history and say the Astros repeat again over the Dodgers.

Comment

.... aaaand Salvy is hurt. So knock 2 wins off my prediction. Possibly more.

Comment

The AL Central has three "bad" teams all moving in different directions. With the Tigers, Royals and Whitesox all in the basement, I'm curious to see how the Tigers and Royals try to figure out where they are right now. I know the Whitesox have fully committed to rebuilding and I'm really looking forward to watching the "kids" develop. I expect them to lose, but maybe not as many games as people expect? So watching these three teams will be interesting as the season progresses.

Comment

Royals season is DOA from a competing standpoint. At least there won't be expectations or attention-whoring grown men wearing cat singlets or running up and down the aisles holding moose antlers to their heads.

Comment

• Hawker007
            Hawker007 commented
            Editing a comment
            You are definitely a glass half-full kind of guy.

• NoPantsChico
            NoPantsChico commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha. I'm hopeful for the younger guys like Soler, would love to see Gordon finally bounce back and hope that the trade candidates play well enough to fetch something of value in return. I just think every single thing had to go right for the Royals to be competitive this year, and before first pitch the starting C is out until Mother's Day and it looks like the bullpen will be a revolving door without many capable arms (though that part seemed like it would be the case from the outset).

Comment

Comment

And they’re in the win column!

Comment

Can I just cut and past this periodically for the remainder of the season?

"LOLOLOL"

Comment

They aren’t the same guys and it’s been cold out, but Junis’ start is reminding me of Greinke’s in 2009. A really nice highlight in what otherwise figures to be a lost season.

Comment

Can we just cut Gordon now? He now has a torn labia or labrum or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X