X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed Jon Jay, Hahn to 60 day DL.

Meh.

Comment

Of course the Royals get a pitcher who immediately needs TJ. That's just how it works.

For a rebuilding club, we sure do like giving at bats to vets for no particular reason at all.

This season will be a slog, I'm afraid. Not much to get excited about if young guys won't be playing. At least Jay isn't really blocking anyone. We know what Orlando is and Starling is a bust, and there's no other immediate OF help. The Duda signing is the puzzler to me.

Comment

It's tough to sell me on trading Scott Alexander because you needed to dump Soria's salary and then go out and sign Duda and Jay.

Comment

Lol now they're bringing in Nolasco.

Comment

Sounds like it will at least be a minor league deal. I generally don't mind bringing in extra arms, there are usually innings to go around. And Nolasco sucks, so he should help our "rebuilding" efforts.

I fundamentally disagree with the manner in which we are rebuilding, but I also am not very high on any of the MLB-ready/AAA prospects we have, so I have a hard time getting up in arms about these moves. At the very least, we can game service time by letting the vets play early and dump them later in the year when we are ready for the young guys to play.

To me, the rebuild begins in earnest with this year's draft; I don't think any of the Mondesi-Dozier-O'Hearn-Boni-Soler crew will be any part of the next decent Royals team.

Comment

Well it’s 1.5 million plus incentives. That’s laughable. Cut salary then do this. I understand this is probably a reaction to Hahn but man DM makes some puzzling moves.

Comment

Remember when the Royals were supposed to resign one, maybe two free agent players? What happened?

Comment

They resigned Escobar, what more do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyu123 View Post
                    Remember when the Royals were supposed to resign one, maybe two free agent players? What happened?
                    Who legit thought this was happening? Just cause the blogs write about the idea of it happening doesn't mean it was ever based in reality.

It's been easily the worst year for FA in recent memory and the Royals were still out priced on their 2 biggest FA's. They resigned the worst one and the semi affordable one isn't worth bringing back because you need to give AB's to Cuthbert/Dozier.

Comment

I didn't know they resigned Escobar...

Comment

That top comment......................

Comment

• Hawker007
                          Hawker007 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Haha! Possibly a better grip on his slider!

Moose is back. I'm preparing myself for the team to be 45-50 at the deadline and trade Mondesi or Nicky Lopez for Scott Kazmir and cash.

Comment

At this point, with how the offseason has gone, why not I guess. $6.5 is nothing in MLB money.

Like i I said above, I’m not sure anyone close to ready in the system is going to be a contributor on the next good Royals team anyway (Mondesi included). So play the service time game with guys like Dozier, see if these guys can get you anything at the deadline and see what happens. The rebuild doesn’t begin until this draft. And if you squint hard enough, this team could compete for the WC. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

My thing is if they were gonna bring Moose back, why not just guarantee him two years? The org doesn’t seem to be in love with Dozier at third, and now they have to carry Cuthbert (I’m assuming he’s out of options) or sell low on him and hit the 3B market again next winter.

Comment

• ono
                              ono commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Unless he craters or has a 2+ war season, it might as well be guaranteed imo. He's not getting more than 15 mil next off-season and Dayton is loyal to a fault. I think the mutual option will be accepted next year.

God dammit.

But at least he wasn't jackin' it, right?

Comment

Working...
                            X