No announcement yet.

2018 Winter Olympics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was hilarious how NBC was promoting Nathan Chen for prime time coverage right after he cratered his short program and ended up 17th. He will be in a very early skating group, so who knows how NBC will cover it. NBC has had to hype so many of these athletes that when they fail, it looks really bad. I feel bad for Chen because this was his first Olympics and he's only 18. Live and learn and come back in 4 years.

Comment

Where's all the Curling coverage on TV?

Comment

• ono
        ono commented
        Editing a comment
        Download the NBC sports app on a Roku or what have you, or go to their website, you can stream it there

Hah, NBC clowns it up again. They cover Vonn in the women's Super G. When she falls out of contention and they figure they know who is going to be the winner, they cut away because heaven help us, we can't miss any of the figure skating. So what happens? A little known skier who's real specialty is snow boarding ends up pulling a huge upset. Did we get to see that live...of course not. NBC sucks.

Comment

pretty poor tv coverage by nbc. I want to see a lot more events than just the ones the US is involved in. Namely, Curling, why no more Curling. They should have a Curling channel, all Curling, all day.
        Last edited by dewarsrocks; 02-17-18, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I feel like NBC really pushes storylines over the athletic excellence. And it becomes a snooze-fest.

Comment

Agreed. NBC is outdoing itself in crappy coverage this year. I tuned to NBCSN to watch what they had scheduled to be a late night curling replay. Hockey game went to overtime, which is fair enough. But, after that game was over did they go to curling? Of course, not they spent 15 minutes of highlights of their primetime coverage so stupid figure skating clips and a rambling Lindsey Vonn interview. Then they finally get to curling and they start coverage halfway through the match. They take a long commercial break between each end only show the last few stones of each end. It's a replay. They can show the whole thing. And, of course they even interrupt the replay to show a stupid interview with a figure skater who lost. They really suck.

Comment

Adam Rippon's 15 minutes can't be over soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by GregA View Post
                Adam Rippon's 15 minutes can't be over soon enough.
                Yeah this. I'm glad he helped Team USA to a bronze in team skate and I'm glad he's living his best life but you would think he had won gold by a mile the way NBC is promoting him.

Comment

This is the dream. Apparently there were so few halfpipe skiers trying to make the Olympics that one woman was able to do it simply by not crashing in any of her competitions leading up to the Games. This is her run from today's qualifying round:

Comment

This is the Olympics that will be remembered for he Nip Slip

French Ice Dancer Gabriella Papadakis with the Nip Slip. NBC apologized for it but showed closeups in slow motion. Truly an Olympic moment.

Comment

GOLD IN CURLING. THE JOHN SHUSTER REDEMPTION ARC HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

Comment

Wish I could have stayed up for that. Shuster for president.

Comment

Originally posted by ono View Post
                          Wish I could have stayed up for that. Shuster for president.

Comment

• RaiderHawk
                            RaiderHawk commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Curling is the best.
                        Working...
                        X