2018 Winter Olympics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Winter Olympics

I'm fucking stoked. Who’s with me? I love the Winter Olympics. Nearly every sport is awesome. Except for figure skating, which is tolerable at best.

I'll happily watch it all except Men's figure skating, which is of course what both channels with coverage tonight are showing right now. The schedule said there would be curling. I am not amused.

Comment

NBC Sports App is showing everything that’s live.

Comment

It's good now we're back on curling now and luge is coming up later.

Comment

Luge is fantastic. Also, I regularly yell at my TV when the US is curling.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
            Luge is fantastic. Also, I regularly yell at my TV when the US is curling.
            Curling is the best. It's one of those things that I have no idea why I love it, but I'll watch with absolute fascination any time it's on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by GregA View Post

Curling is the best. It's one of those things that I have no idea why I love it, but I'll watch with absolute fascination any time it's on TV.
              So much this.

The NBC App is a lifesaver, because figure skating blows, but nearly every other winter event is awesome. Can't wait for the speed skating and downhill skiing.

Comment

I've long thought a curling beer league similar to slow pitch beer leagues would be a great use of my time.

Comment

• ono
                  ono commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd enjoy the hell out of that... but drunk people walking around on ice is a recipe for disaster. That's why shuffleboard exists I guess.

• KUGDI
                  KUGDI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No idea if there’s a curling center in KC, but we do have one out here in Denver. Perhaps that’s what we should do for the great Wheat get-together.

• Jhawkz5
                  Jhawkz5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is a KC curling league but I don't think it's a beer league. It looks more serious

Announcer One as Puerto Rico is in the parade: About 20% of the island still without power and still in our thoughts.

Announcer Two: And, I'm sure it's a big boost for the people of Puerto Rico to see these athletes come marching in.

Ummmm.....

Comment

The #HamFam has choked hard core in 2 of the last 3 matches. Leading the Swiss for the most of the match and ended up getting crushed and then doing the same against the Chinese but letting them steal points in back to back ends when we had hammer and they ended up winning. Sad day.

Comment

For you Curling fans you should watch "Men With Brooms". It's your classic "blue collar" movie like The Deer Hunter but instead of guns, Vietnam, and PTSD you have Curling.

Comment

The US mixed ice dancing pair is a brother and sister. Anyone else a little creeped out by that?

Comment

• ono
                        ono commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Figure skating in general is creepy af.

I am glad we live in this internet age. Cause nbc only shows skating. And I’m an absolute Olympic whore but I hate figure skating. The nbc app makes everything so much better

Fuck yeah, Chloe Kim!

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                        Fuck yeah, Chloe Kim!
                        That little girl can freaking fly. Pretty awesome to watch.

Comment

Heterosexual Figure skating

And the the Telemundo coverage of the Olympics

Comment

Working...
                          X