No announcement yet.

Royals Off-season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if Escobar is better, he's not enough better to justify paying him ~$4 mil a year versus the league minimum that Mondesi would make.

Plus, there are whispers of trying Mondesi out in CF. If they resign Escobar and move Mondesi to CF... oh boy I may go nuclear.

Comment

Originally posted by ono View Post
      Even if Escobar is better, he's not enough better to justify paying him ~$4 mil a year versus the league minimum that Mondesi would make.

Plus, there are whispers of trying Mondesi out in CF. If they resign Escobar and move Mondesi to CF... oh boy I may go nuclear.
      That is dumb on so many levels. So, so many levels.

If you want a shitty bat in center, just let Billy Burns play for the summer.

Comment

Preaching to the choir here.

http://m.royals.mlb.com/news/article...r-field-in-18/

Comment

Mellinger reported yesterday that Hosmer is the top priority (shocking) and that if they get him, they may try to shed some payroll and try to get Moose or Cain on top of it.

I don't see how they can get out from their shitty contracts though, they don't have the talent in the minors to tempt a shitty team to take the bad contract with.

Comment

Yeah I read that article. Kind of frightening.

Even with the core, the team was below .500.

So we'd have the core (or 2/3 of it), another year older, with the same (or worse) supporting cast? Sounds like a recipe for success IMO.

Comment

Honest question: If we have Wade Davis this year, do we make the Wild Card game?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                Honest question: If we have Wade Davis this year, do we make the Wild Card game?
                Does Wade Davis make a 6 game difference? That's the question you have to answer, really.

I'm not sure he does, but Wade + Yo and we no doubt make the WC game.

Comment

Further down the line, if Dyson plays all year in RF or replaces Gordon, how much better off are we?

This goes to show that the team would have been better if they did literally nothing at all this offseason. DM blew it pretty big.

Comment

Further down the line, if Dyson plays all year in RF or replaces Gordon, how much better off are we?

This goes to show that the team would have been better if they did literally nothing at all this offseason. DM blew it pretty big.
                    No doubt but I don't think anyone really disagreed with the Dyson trade. Flipping 1 year of a fringe OF starter (at least here) for 4 years of *hopefully* a #3 starter is a deal you gotta make.

Comment

Oh I know. But if we were "going for it," I argued a lot here about how this team, more than any other, could use a 4th outfielder. As it turns out, we didn't even have a second or third outfielder.

Comment

Oh I know. But if we were "going for it," I argued a lot here about how this team, more than any other, could use a 4th outfielder. As it turns out, we didn't even have a second or third outfielder.
                        Paulo's injury kinda fucked us there too. He's not as good as Dyson but he certainly would have been better than Gordo.

Comment

Hell just bring up Bubba and Mondesi. Let them Gordon and Moss fight to see who can hit .215 first.

Comment

This was pretty much my point. I get you win some trades and you lose some trades, but it just sucked that this one cost us. In my opinion, in KC, you have to have a dominant bullpen to win. You cannot get away from that formula. Having Wade Davis would have pushed Herrera back to the 8th, where he is much better. Plus, it gives us a lot more options for the 6/7th innings (use Soria less and maybe don't trade Strahm). I think it was definitely worth at least 6 games.

Comment

Working...
                            X