Melky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melky

What do people think of this? I like it. Melky has been one of baseball's most underrated players.

I'm good with it. We didn't give up an arm and leg for him, either.

Comment

I dig it. I'm kind of surprised Ned said he'd play RF because I think Bonifacio is doing just fine defensively, at least no worse than I think Melky would be. Either way, he'll lengthen the lineup which the team really needs, and they got him while only taking on about $2.5M and without giving up any of their top-shelf prospects.

Comment

If the organization is honest with themselves, he should be platooning in left and DH.

Comment

He needs to play every day...somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by All4KU View Post
            I'm good with it. We didn't give up an arm and leg for him, either.
            Yeah, we gave up 2 arms instead. chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteJak View Post
              He needs to play every day...somewhere.
              agreed, he can spell Gordo against lefties. DH instead of Moss and play for Boni mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
                agreed, he can spell Gordo against lefties. DH instead of Moss and play for Boni mostly.
                I agree, but it's a pretty dick move to Bonifacio if you ask me. He's done nothing but perform well since getting to play. His avg has dropped as of late, so maybe it is a good move. Not sure Melky's defense is that great for right field. I think Bonifacio's arm is stronger. He should probably play left for Gordo.

Comment

It never occurred to me that he would replace Bonifacio. He's been productive. The problem is our Mendoza level production in left field and subpar production at designated hitter. I figured it would be some rest for Gordon and relatively bad news for Moss' playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteJak View Post
                    It never occurred to me that he would replace Bonifacio. He's been productive. The problem is our Mendoza level production in left field and subpar production at designated hitter. I figured it would be some rest for Gordon and relatively bad news for Moss' playing time.
                    Yeah, this was my thinking too, before I saw the quote from Ned. If they're going to take a few days to figure it out, the good news is that anyone can pound 12 beers and still play a decent outfield in Baltimore.

Comment

Bonifacio only has around 300 MLB at-bats, so even though he has been pretty good, he is still a bit of an unknown. Heading down the stretch looking for a playoff spot, I'll be happy to have Bonifacio/Melky available (especially with Gordon having a terrible season at the plate).

The real loser in this is Soler (with good reason) . . . he's not coming back up anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X