No announcement yet.

Wade Davis - Gonzo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say. He's a strapping youngster from Havana who was discovered playing for the Cuban junior national team. He's 6'4" and has power potential. At 22 he was a Grade A prospect for the Cubs (3rd rated behind Bryant and Russell). The worries on him are being injury prone, being marginal defensively, and having an explosive temperament (reportedly went into an opposing team's dugout with a bat). He is thought to have a decent arm though, and was projected as a right fielder. Now 24, he fits the mold of a Moore acquisition: early to mid 20's, unrealized potential, a bit under the radar (e.g. Cain, Escobar). If it works out, we get some of the prime years of a young player. It reminds me a bit of the Jermaine Dye acquisition. Hopefully it's a score, but way too early to tell. Perhaps Moore is thinking Perez will be a stabilizing factor and the kid will thrive in Kansas City.
    Last edited by WhiteJak; 12-13-16, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I think the Royals should trade rosters with the Barves

Comment

So, what's up?

Comment

Originally posted by Impuro View Post
          So, what's up?
          the bullpen's ERA

Comment

Originally posted by Impuro View Post
            So, what's up?
            Moose can hit a decent number of home runs, Salvy is on the DL and Butera can't throw out my grandmother.
            Not much. Can't beat the Indians.

Comment

Working...
            X