X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royals 2016 Thread

Firehouse'd the other, but left a permanent re-direct

CARRY ON

Back to Back baby! I believe it is FanGraphs that has us projected at 79 wins for this year. Pretty much the same team that won 90+ last year. They need to re-think their predictive model.

Comment

was this before or after Gordon re-signing?

Comment

It's pretty well known that the formulas don't account for the things the Royals are good at. They'll tweak it and make it better as they put more weight on not giving up runs in the 7th, 8th and 9th.

Comment

http://kingsofkauffman.com/2016/01/1...-greg-holland/

Comment

There's a big difference between saying the Royals are unlikely to sign Holland (headline) and saying they shouldn't sign him (article).

Bad qwerty.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
              There's a big difference between saying the Royals are unlikely to sign Holland (headline) and saying they shouldn't sign him (article).

Bad qwerty.

This post had a great response time. I approve.

Comment

Well our Cactus League title defense is off to a bad start.

Jarrod Dyson out for 6 weeks w/ an oblique injury.

Sucks for him, this was his opportunity to start. Now we are looking at Paulo starting in RF on opening day. I like Paulo's story, but I'm not sold on him as a big leaguer. Travis Snider is an intriguing option with some pop and a pedigree, I would be tempted to try him out if he is able to put together a nice spring. Brett Eibner has produced in AAA but he's 26 and been there for three years - not sure if the Royals are totally sold on him.
                Last edited by ono; 03-03-16, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ono View Post
                  Well our Cactus League title defense is off to a bad start.

Jarrod Dyson out for 6 weeks w/ an oblique injury.

Sucks for him, this was his opportunity to start. Now we are looking at Paulo starting in RF on opening day. I like Paulo's story, but I'm not sold on him as a big leaguer. Travis Snider is an intriguing option with some pop and a pedigree, I would be tempted to try him out if he is able to put together a nice spring. Brett Eibner has produced in AAA but he's 26 and been there for three years - not sure if the Royals are totally sold on him.

Austin Jackson is still available, I honestly haven't looked at his numbers at all but he can't be any worse than a handful of career minor leaguers.

Comment

Alex Rios is still out there too.... I don't necessarily want him back, but I wouldn't be opposed to taking a flyer on him again.

Comment

162-0 baby!

Comment

HAWT

Comment

I had a chance to see a 1985 World Series ring up close and that sucker was HUGE. And yes, HAWT!

Comment

So we don't play for like 3 days? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                              So we don't play for like 3 days? WTF?

Monday game flexed to Sunday Night (ESPN's right) and then an extra built in off day in case of bad weather so that the opening series can be completed without having to reschedule. Made for 3 off days in the first 5 days of the season, feels weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X