Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pooka Opts Out -- As the KU sports implosion continues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooka Opts Out -- As the KU sports implosion continues.

Kansas running back Pooka Williams is opting out of the rest of the season for personal reasons, he announced on Monday.

I don’t even blame him. He’s getting killed.

Comment

I would have quit the moment Smacker's Dad tried to put me on special teams. The one pro prospect we have on this roster and the coaching staff drops him in the one spot where he's sure to get banged up...and all for no wins during a pandemic.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if he and Miles had an agreement that he was done right after he broke a big one. Just so he can point to it to scouts and say “I’ve still got it,” if there was any doubt. And by opting out he can maybe save his body some. He’ll test the draft waters now, and I can’t imagine he won’t be drafted. It probably won’t be in an early round, he’s fast but he isn’t big and teams seem to be catching on to not drafting RBs early.

Comment

This makes perfect sense for him, and I give thanks to him for his time here.

Comment

Smart. IMO

Comment

In another move, Dru Prox (Linebacker) has opted out. Les says it's for a significant personal matter. He has a kid so I hope the family is OK.

Comment

Working...
              X