Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the statute of limitations on us hanging our hat about the Orange Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the statute of limitations on us hanging our hat about the Orange Bowl?

It's been a long time...

Off the top of your head, who won the Sugar Bowl in 2007? What about the Rose Bowl or Cotton Bowl? Literally no one outside of KU, and maybe KSU or MU, gives a shit about our Orange Bowl victory.

Comment

I'm a huge college football fan so only the 1st one i'm not 100% sure. Georgia,USC,Mizzou. This is for 2007 season, but bowl game might be 2008.

Comment

I can't even tell you who won the National Championship two years ago. And won't be able to tell you last year's after this year.

Comment

We won it with a fluke team in a fluke year. Had we capitalized on it, and used it to build a decent program, we could have hung our hat on it as the point in time when everything changed for Kansas football. As that didn't happen and we are back to actually celebrating not finishing a season going 0-fer in conference, then I say that hanging our hat on it is kinda lame at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
            We won it with a fluke team in a fluke year. Had we capitalized on it, and used it to build a decent program, we could have hung our hat on it as the point in time when everything changed for Kansas football. As that didn't happen and we are back to actually celebrating not finishing a season going 0-fer in conference, then I say that hanging our hat on it is kinda lame at this point.
            This is almost certainly an unpopular opinion 'round these parts but i liked the 08 season more than the 07 one. Instead of saying we played no one people were saying we're becoming a decent program. While losing 2 AA's, they went 8-5, beat both rivals and had a much easier bowl win.

Comment

2008 regular season was a glimpse into what KU football could become. The glossy 2007 record was a fluke (schedule fell in our favor). KU didn't have the depth to overcome some injuries, and Mangino couldn't handle the success that he achieved. Hence the 2009 debacle. We need to quit living in the past.

Comment

Working...
              X