Anxious about Tomorrow's Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxious about Tomorrow's Game

Not going to lie, I'm nervous. I really hope we've turned the corner and will make a game of this. My fear is we get curbstomped... again.

I really want this one.

5.5 pt spread. Being less than a touchdown underdog against an arguably top 25 team is a long way to come in a year. Sagarin has us rated 83rd this year which is actually too low, we should probably be in the 60s. For comparison, I think last season is the first time we cracked the top 100 in many, many years (93rd).

Comment

I think we've turned a corner, but I think KSU has too. With our slow starts and their ball-control strategy, it's a bad matchup for us.

Comment

We have the best player on the field in Pooka. KSU has better lines on both sides of the ball. It will be a slugfest but hopefully Carter pulls it out. My head says KSU by 10.

Comment

Line play matters. We struggle on both sides, K-State doesn't. I agree with Protist, this is just a bad match-up for us. They will run the ball and eat up clock

No turnovers means a KU loss, most likely in the range of 34-21. If we get a few, we've got a shot. No three and outs!

Comment

I fear we'll lose in a big way, today. 21 point loss, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
              I fear we'll lose in a big way, today. 21 point loss, at least.
              Why aren't you in chat?

Comment

Well that fucking blew.

Comment

Honestly, very predictable. Line play matters and we simply don't have any quality lineman on either side of the ball. Sadly, it will take a few years before we can develop competent lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by SWHawk View Post
                    Honestly, very predictable. Line play matters and we simply don't have any quality lineman on either side of the ball. Sadly, it will take a few years before we can develop competent lineman.
                    Thank you David Beatty. During the summer of 2018, offensive line was a real area of concern, and when we got the Mizzou guy, (Rick ?), he went out and recruited some offensive lineman late. This could be a LOT worse

Comment

Originally posted by SWHawk View Post
                      This is spot on. Our skill players on offense are good enough, and the defensive backfield is serviceable. A good O line will make an average RB & QB look good. A D-line that applies consistent pressure is a secondary’s best friend. KU has neither.....yet.

Comment

How good would Pooka be with a better O line?

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyu123 View Post
                          How good would Pooka be with a better O line?
                          I think realistic expectations would be in the range of 1,300 - 1,600 yards. He earns every damn yard he gets right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X