Texas Tech.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Tech.

I was a season ticket holder for the Allen and Mangino years, my son and I used to make the long drive up to Larryville for every home game when he was in grade school thru High school. I have not been to a Kansas game since they fired Mangino, kind of a boycott I guess. Well this weekend is my sons 28th birthday, and he told me he really wanted to go to the game this weekend. So I got us tickets and a hotel room, and this morning we will be once again making the drive north.
    Go Hawks!

That’s awesome. Can’t remember the last time we were less than a TD underdogs in a conference game.

Comment

Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post
      I was a season ticket holder for the Allen and Mangino years, my son and I used to make the long drive up to Larryville for every home game when he was in grade school thru High school. I have not been to a Kansas game since they fired Mangino, kind of a boycott I guess. Well this weekend is my sons 28th birthday, and he told me he really wanted to go to the game this weekend. So I got us tickets and a hotel room, and this morning we will be once again making the drive north.
      Go Hawks!
      And check this out, Mangino will be in the house today. Maybe you'll run into him.

Comment

Looks like you are a good luck charm! Congrats on being there for the win!

Comment

Well. I wish I could have watched it or chatted, but I've determined that if I enjoy something my team will play like dogshit. I watched the first quarter, and turned it off. Sounds like I made the right choice to lift my jinx.

Comment

It's a switch to have KU football be fun again. Nicely done Jayhawks. For the first time in a long time I'm not switching the game off in the first quarter.

Comment

That was fun.

Comment

I have to tell you, we had a great time, and it was a great win. It may not have been as an important or exciting win as 04 K-state, Missery, or 05 Nebraska, but it was definitely fun. Beer sales in the stadium is kind of a nice addition, but I always kind of liked running back out to the tail gate for a couple quick ones at half time.
                One side note, My son and I had not been to a game since Mangino left, and he was a senior in high school. This week brought back a ton of memories for me, I could still picture him as a little boy so excited about the Hawks, and now he is a grown man. Time goes fast my friends, don't forget to enjoy life, I know we get so wrapped up in loving Trump, or hating Trump, and other trivial crap, but life is short, enjoy it!

Comment

I'm so glad you guys were able to get back to the stadium and witness that important game. I was out of town, otherwise we could have met up and yelled in each other's face about politics instead of having to do it in The Swamp!!

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                    Well. I wish I could have watched it or chatted, but I've determined that if I enjoy something my team will play like dogshit. I watched the first quarter, and turned it off. Sounds like I made the right choice to lift my jinx.
                    KUGDI, Don't punish yourself by believing you have any impact in the outcome. I hate that you deprived yourself of the glorious 2nd half of offensive production. Every loyal Jayhawk football fan deserves to witness some success after years of pain.

Comment

Lol, I was actually meeting with a MBA level recruit out of Texas. Bought him a nice steak dinner, hoping to push him our way. I got the notification we won right as I was picking up the check, and told him it was a sign.

Comment

Working...
                      X