A few things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few things

-Not sure if our team is really improving or it's our yearly obiligitory heartbreaking close loss against a superior opponent.
    -The game was on LHN and their announcers seemed almost giddy when KU had a good play, which was often. Weird.
    -Like the the new OC, especially the play calling.
    -Offense gets an A, defense gets a C (because of the turnovers), but special teams lost us that game.

Moral victories suck, would've been so much more fun to beat them, but can't complain about losing that game by 2 either.

I was at the game. Started out not really caring what happened (no expectations of us winning). By the 3rd quarter it was getting fun, and by the 4th quarter it was suddenly very serious. By the end it was probably the most I've cared about a KU football game since 2009. Was fun to at least have something to root for.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post
      Moral victories suck, would've been so much more fun to beat them, but can't complain about losing that game by 2 either.

I was at the game. Started out not really caring what happened (no expectations of us winning). By the 3rd quarter it was getting fun, and by the 4th quarter it was suddenly very serious. By the end it was probably the most I've cared about a KU football game since 2009. Was fun to at least have something to root for.
      I’m not into moral victories either, but being competitive until the final seconds on the road against a ranked team is something KU hasn’t done in many years. Everyone would have preferred a win, but I’ll take what happened over getting our ass handed to us in blowout fashion.

Comment

Remember my words from the off-season. 1st year coach. Give him time. Be prepared for a few surprises and a bowl game next season. It's going to happen.

Comment

Ya, that was the most fun I've had watching a KU game in about 10 years. Had to go to a bar to watch it. I still can't believe some dumbfuck agreed to have our game shown on LHN. Was that a Sheahon deal? Just so stupid to have our game shown on a rival's own network that 98% of our fans don't and won't subscribe to that channel.

Comment

Dearmon will get well deserved accolades, but there is a lot of good on Les for all of this. My thought is that Les may have had Brent in mind all along. When Chip bailed, he had to get someone right quick. You can't have the recruiting year we had if you don't have an OC. It just won't happen. So he got Koenigs; old school but with a bit of a resume and probably a decent recruiter. He had his eye on Dearmon, but didn't think he was quite ready. The BC game might have been a test run for Dearmon's offense...one that he passed with flying colors. Then he waited for the off week to pull the trigger on the change; another deft move.

Sticking with Stanley, who had been mismanaged by Beaty for years was another great move; one that is now finally starting to pay off.

Les is proving to be adept at getting players in the right position. Special teams has been erratic to be sure but I think all other areas are beginning to improve. The defense had its struggles last week, but I liked the aggressiveness of the front seven. I think it's beginning to come together. The defensive unit benefited from our more extended offensive possesions and lasted longer into the game. They started the rotations early this game and almost made it to the end.

Given the talent he inherited, I think we are beginning to see what it is like to have a real coach on board.

Comment

Working...
            X