No announcement yet.

Well, that was exciting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be Year 3 of the Miles era before we can really start to expect bigger things. These next two years will be brutal.

On the good side: this team doesn't seem to have the "quit" in them that Beatty's teams did. We have what appears to be a good recruiting class on the way. Fundamentally, the team seems to be more sound than what we saw with the previous coach.

On the worrisome side: This team isn't yet playing with the "edginess" that I had hoped for going into the season. This may be just due to the woeful lack of talent, but it is still a concern. Also, will we be able to keep our promising recruits without a little more success on the field this year? The staff seems to be struggling some with play calling and with establishing a viable identity for the offense.

Miles: A bit too soon to tell. We knew he was eccentric going in. Insiders say that he is a much more adept coach than his media persona would indicate. We must give the man some time. What he inherited wasn't even close to what OB left for Kleiman (who was a good hire by KSU). Comparisons with little sister aren't yet apt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post
      It’s still going to be a rough season, but it’s nice to at least win the games they are supposed to win.
      Sadly, this post has not aged well.

In reading other boards, it took only two games for misery and despair to rear its ugly head with our fan base. This is subjective of course, but to me losing to Coastal Carolina was the WORST KU loss in the modern era. And that takes some doing. What made matters worse was some of the almost bizarre coaching decisions, mostly in the 4th quarter. I thought by hiring Les Miles, we were through with those "Beaty-like" moments. Nope. If I was living under a rock and didn't know we hired Les and Smacker Miles, I would have sworn Beaty was still coaching this team.

Overreaction? I really hope so. But if we're being honest, this was a complete shit-show on Saturday. To only score 7 points against Coastal Carolina is almost not possible. I know we don't have much talent and are probably a couple of years away from even being competitive, but there was no excuse losing to CC at home. None. If Carter Stanley is our best option at QB (Miles thinks so), then we're staring at 1-11 and have almost no chance to be competitive in ANY game this year. I can't imagine how bad MacVittie must be. On a side note, if I was Pooka Williams, I’d transfer a day after the season ends.

I was finally starting to get that horrible loss out of my head and then this morning on a Dallas sports talk radio station, the hosts brought up the KU loss to Coastal Carolina. In between their laughing, they confessed to not knowing CC even HAD a football team. They added what a bad look it was for not only KU, but the entire Big 12. Humiliating.

Now we don't even win the games we're SUPPOSED to win. Basketball can't start soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SWHawk View Post

I was finally starting to get that horrible loss out of my head and then this morning on a Dallas sports talk radio station, the hosts brought up the KU loss to Coastal Carolina. In between their laughing, they confessed to not knowing CC even HAD a football team. They added what a bad look it was for not only KU, but the entire Big 12. Humiliating.

Now we don't even win the games we're SUPPOSED to win. Basketball can't start soon enough.
        Ouch! Dreadful PR for the program.

Comment

Working...
        X