Well, that was exciting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that was exciting.

And closer than expected. Was almost classic KU from the last decade, but then they flipped the script!

Next game should be easier.

Here's to starting 2-0!

No doubt in my mind if Beaty was still here we would have lost

Comment

Just as gratifying to me is Les' circumspect approach to the win. It demonstrates that he knows there is a lot of work to be done and is in it for the long hall. I get the strong sense that he really cares for and values the efforts of his players, even though they are not the most talented crew he has ever coached. That last drive, more than anything I observed in Game 1, reflects something in coaching that we never got with the previous few coaches. Kudos!!!

Comment

Was a fun game for the most part. Would have been a lot more fun if I had eaten before the game and hadn’t gotten all shaky in the final quarter. That’s on me though. Not Stanley, Miles, or even Beaty.

Comment

For better or worse, it was pretty much exactly as close as expected.

Oddsmakers have us as 7.5 pt favorites right now for next week. 72% to win.

Comment

Stanley had a good game and we probably had some jitters to work out...was great to see us not fold and drive down and get the score and 2pt

as as others have said, we lose that game by folding in prior seasons...long way to go, but 1-0 is better than 0-1 (duh)

Comment

It’s still going to be a rough season, but it’s nice to at least win the games they are supposed to win.

Comment

Now this is the KU football we know and hate

Comment

KU football can lick my balls.

Comment

Well....

Shit.

Comment

Fuck a duck. That was pitiful

Comment

I was sitting in the stadium watching that garbage. We have a long way to go.

Comment

So does this mean we're no longer a football school?

Comment

We knew going into the season that we were 50/50 to lose one of the first two games. It's ugly as hell losing to these schools. There's never a scenario where you lose to a team that bad and come away thinking the team at least looked good doing it. Would've been fun to try to get a little 3-0 start going, but I don't think there's any less cause for optimism today than 2 weeks ago.
                            Last edited by LARPHawk; 09-09-19, 09:06 PM.

Comment

We're bad. Simple as that. These are still a majority of Beaty's guys, so it's going to be a while before these guys are flushed out of the system and Les has his guys occupying the entire roster. In other words, a couple of years of more suckage and then I want to see at minimum a 5-win season.

Comment

Working...
                              X