Deuces, Tyreek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

That's how I translated the first thing you said...the Chiefs (and any other team that does this, which is all of them) didn't do anything right and do not deserve credit for anything they did. They literally held on to him and no doubt worked their asses off to keep that shit quiet....they were not lied to, they know everything that goes on with every one of their players....they pandered to the public and let everyone suck their dicks for it

Again, this isn't a chiefs thing, the NFL is a shit organization that just has ungodly amounts of money

As long as it's fun for fans to watch, they will look after their assets in any way possible....and sometimes the pesky public will get in the way of a running game in spite of all efforts to prevent it
    I agree there.

And the Chiefs could totally hang onto Hill, try to ride out the PR shitstorm and bet on people tuning in despite the hand-wringing about not only this, but the standard fare of concussions, officiating, the anthem stuff, etc. Cynically, it's just one more thing, and the social media hive is but a tiny slice of the overall following, so why not?

From a football perspective, even an RB as good as Hunt was much more dispensable than a WR with Hill's talent and track record. Then there's the downside WS alluded to: Could you imagine the Chiefs cutting Hill and New England picking him up completely fresh for the stretch run at a fraction of the price and only having to deal with a sliver of the vitriol currently being directed at Arrowhead? THAT's the last thing Andy Reid and Clark Hunt want.

I'm not ready to predict that they'll hold onto him, but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise. The incentives are certainly there.
    Last edited by NoPantsChico; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post

I agree there.

And the Chiefs could totally hang onto Hill, try to ride out the PR shitstorm and bet on people tuning in despite the hand-wringing about not only this, but the standard fare of concussions, officiating, the anthem stuff, etc. Cynically, it's just one more thing, so why not?

From a football perspective, even an RB as good as Hunt was much more dispensable than a WR with Hill's talent and track record, and then there's the downside WS alluded to: Could you imagine the Chiefs cutting Hill and New England picking him up completely fresh for the stretch run at a fraction of the price and only having to deal with a sliver of the vitriol currently being directed at Arrowhead? THAT's the last thing Andy Reid and Clark Hunt want.

I'm not ready to predict that that's what will happen, but it's not difficult to see it panning out that way.
      Agree 100%, these guys should be untouchable for way longer than any weed test failure (which is laughable that it's even a thing considering the pain management benefits)....sadly, most fans are white trash that are brainwashed to think weed is bad....hitting women is just a hazard of the job, I guess...I mean, these women get paid, right?!?!

Comment

Working...
      X